Rigging drawings for a model of the "Revenge"

Ahoy members!

My name is Paul Robitaille. I just yesterday joined. My son gave me a model of Revenge, which I believe was a British ship. The model in my study now is about 36" long from bow to stern and had 6" between port and starboard. It has four masts. The main mast is just about 36" tall. Unfortunately does not have tapered masts or gaffs & yards. I am not well learned about the rigging on an older ship model. Does anyone in the forum have the rigging details for Revenge? If so I would love to have a set of drawings showing the rigging arrangements.

Thank you,

Paul

Here is an idea for you. Lauck Street Shipyard has many practicums that Bob Hunt develops for learning how to build model ships using specific models as the teaching platform. He just posted on the website some new practicums, several for the Golden Hind. The Golden Hind is a sister ship to the Revenge and has similar rigging patterns. You can get the rigging practicum for the Golden Hind and have a very close step by step guide for rigging your Revenge. Bob posts the practicum in both dvd and a printed booklet with pictures and dialog. It is not cheap but can be totally worth it as the practicum will walk you through every detail. Even if the rigging plan is for the Golden Hind, if you rig the Revenge the same way there is no real difference in the results. A word of caution for this idea...the practicum is based on the specifics of the Golden Hind model. The key differences will be in the numbered belay points and a fourth mast on the Revenge. You will need to interpret those to the Revenge. What you will gain is the overall rigging pattern that can apply to the Revenge.

Last edited:
Ahoy members!

My name is Paul Robitaille. I just yesterday joined. My son gave me a model of Revenge, which I believe was a British ship. The model in my study now is about 36" long from bow to stern and had 6" between port and starboard. It has four masts. The main mast is just about 36" tall. Unfortunately does not have tapered masts or gaffs & yards. I am not well learned about the rigging on an older ship model. Does anyone in the forum have the rigging details for Revenge? If so I would love to have a set of drawings showing the rigging arrangements.

Thank you,

Paul
Hallo @Roby
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back