Rigging dye

I recommend India ink also. I have some powder dyes that look interestin also. They may be the same as food dye but with more colors.

Needs to be oil based paint cut with linseed or tung oil if you want to try it. Acrylics dry brittle and will flake off.
Hi, I would suggest another additive to PAul's solution : better use of oil paint i had experiment (i had a formation with Fablo or Serge Ventadour, a master from Beaux-Arts of Marseille who lived in Québec) Cut the linseed oil with turpentine. On wood, it can be used too. To make glaze, put more turpentine in the ratio. For first application, put less.

Hope this help and reduce the oily texture apprehended using only lindseed oil as vectoré

Michel

Hi, I would suggest another additive to PAul's solution : better use of oil paint i had experiment (i had a formation with Fablo or Serge Ventadour, a master from Beaux-Arts of Marseille who lived in Québec) Cut the linseed oil with turpentine. On wood, it can be used too. To make glaze, put more turpentine in the ratio. For first application, put less.

Hope this help and reduce the oily texture apprehended using only lindseed oil as vectoré

Michel
This addition by Michel would also shorten the drying time. Excellent!

Back