Rigging Help

I am working on building the Jotika model of the HM Brig Badger, and am starting work on the rigging of the model. Can anyone send me pictures of rigging of this or any other Brig--in progress or finished-- and/or provide me with any suggestions of things I should be careful of or pay attention to as I proceed? Thanks much.

I am working on building the Jotika model of the HM Brig Badger, and am starting work on the rigging of the model. Can anyone send me pictures of rigging of this or any other Brig--in progress or finished-- and/or provide me with any suggestions of things I should be careful of or pay attention to as I proceed? Thanks much.
I do not know if you are aware about the photos shown on the Jotika web-page - I think they could be helpful

Badger_Const067_lrg.jpg Badger_Const082_lrg.jpg

Thanks much for your reply. Yes, I am aware of the photos and others that I have seen on-line, but I was still looking for additional ones for guidance. Even with the Jotika directions, contruction sheets, and photos, it is sometimes difficult to see exactly where certain rigging items (e.g. Futtock Staves) go and are connected.

Dear Polydoc-

Thanks much. They are very helpful! By any chance do you also have pics of the upper masts,including the rigging around the Tops, the Topmasts and the and Topgallants?

Andy

Dear Polydoc-

Thanks much. They are very helpful! By any chance do you also have pics of the upper masts,including the rigging around the Tops, the Topmasts and the and Topgallants?

Andy
Sorry, but that's all the photos I have regarding rigging. Kit makers get their information on rigging practice from the same reference books that are available to all of us. In fact, by doing a little digging you can probably produce a more accurate rigging scheme than provided in most kit plans. If you will be building more models from this period it is worth investing in a couple of these books, and volumes from the Anatomy of a Ship series are particularly good. I'm attaching some diagrams from the Endeavour book by Marquardt as an example (I pounced on a bargain priced copy when visiting Germany a number of years ago.). I think you can get a used copy for about $25. 3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Dear Polydoc--

Thanks again for the idea (and the pics). That is an excellent suggestion which I will follow up on.
Andy

Are there any tools out there that can help with getting threads through small deadeyes? I have been waxing the threads and patiently trying to thread them through the deadeye holes. But I was wondering if there are better ways to do this. threading Does

Hallo @AndyO
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back