rope colours HELP>.

Hi ConsNZ,

Way back when I have used crochet thread, to me it looked alright and came in a range of diameter's see photo of one of them.
View attachment 311529

Buying Gutterman is not cheap. The photo shows what I bought from Spotlight and set me back around AU $60, there are 2 different diameters.
The Birch stuff was comparatively cheap but a bit "furry", I thought it would be good to use to learn how to make rope with.

View attachment 311531View attachment 311532

Cheers,
Stephen.
Wow! you spent that much? That's why I purchased Gutermann 696 and 722 from Ribbon Rose. Haven't actually visited the outlet because traffic wise the roads are too busy to cycle safely. Might be cheaper for you to get thread from RRose NZ. Did a dummy purchased for Skala 36 (1 x 20,000mcone) price converted to NZD15.24 (AUD13.86 Postage UK - NZ/Aust NZD86.90, AUD79.04. Think I'll stay with RRose and see about E121 ex Germany for my next model ship. I did try Birch product but the thread is so fuzzy I almost got the Weed-Eater out for serious trimming.
BTW I often buy from Hobby Tools Melbourne for items not available here, which is almost everything

Wow! you spent that much? That's why I purchased Gutermann 696 and 722 from Ribbon Rose. Haven't actually visited the outlet because traffic wise the roads are too busy to cycle safely. Might be cheaper for you to get thread from RRose NZ. Did a dummy purchased for Skala 36 (1 x 20,000mcone) price converted to NZD15.24 (AUD13.86 Postage UK - NZ/Aust NZD86.90, AUD79.04. Think I'll stay with RRose and see about E121 ex Germany for my next model ship. I did try Birch product but the thread is so fuzzy I almost got the Weed-Eater out for serious trimming.
BTW I often buy from Hobby Tools Melbourne for items not available here, which is almost everything
Hi ConsNZ
Yeah it adds up quickly, I probably didn't look around enough.

Hobby Tools are great I buy a fair bit of stuff from them.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this but. In rope making, Gutermann colours 696 Mahogany and 722 beige feature prominently. What are the equivalent or closest colours in The Amann Serafil range? looking forward to your expert relies and thank you in anticipation. Cheers.
1.You can build a ropewalk for about $30 to $40 bucks (inflation has driven up the price)
2. Send me your email and I will send you fotos of mine. It is the "kluge" I built 15 years ago. It worked so well I never made an upgraded version. I probably won't get around to it for a couple of weeks.

1.You can build a ropewalk for about $30 to $40 bucks (inflation has driven up the price)
2. Send me your email and I will send you fotos of mine. It is the "kluge" I built 15 years ago. It worked so well I never made an upgraded version. I probably won't get around to it for a couple of weeks.
Thank you but I don't know how to email you via this site. My one works really well just need to sort out counter weight(s) and treatment. I believe my sourcing of thinner threads has been sorted out.

Thank you but I don't know how to email you via this site. My one works really well just need to sort out counter weight(s) and treatment. I believe my sourcing of thinner threads has been sorted out.
Meant don't know how to private message you

Back