Ropewalk

Does anyone have or know where to get a rope walk machine cheap or plans for one? It’s very difficult for me to find the size and color I need for my models and decided to make my own.

This is machine I purchased and happy to use:

I found this one

I did not know that byrnes model made this - interesteing

If you cannot afford to make your own ropes, you will definitely afford ropes from here. These are very good authentically looking ropes on the market and have the most common color tones and sizes. Oh...forgot to mention left and right twists, you hear that right!

and also this one fron ZHL Models

Last edited:
I made my own with an electric drill and Lego gears, the hardest part is getting thick gears to give you leeway when it's assembled unless you use precision machines to cut the framing. It works quite well See the end of this
I have now modified it by adding two little geared motors to each end rather than the drill. The little motors were about £5 from ebay

My choice as well... It was inexpensive and does a great job.
Bonus: There are video's on the website that explain how to use it too.
have you checked those machines? I should say many members of our forum using Domanof's machines and really happy. All of his machines are supplied with video tutorials. Also, he spent about an hour or so explaining types of threads useful to make your own ropes

Back