Round Handle Mini Drill

Kurt Konrath

Kurt Konrath

Someone asked where I got my ball handle mini pin vise drill.

I got it for my model railroad track work from a company in Canada called Fast Tracks

Thy this link: Cost listed as $12.65 US

Best of luck

Kurt

Yes, it was me asking for this Pin-Vice with wooden handheld
_DSC1161 aa.jpg

Unbenannt11.JPG

I saw it in Gilles group build area for the Canoe and it is looking like working more accurate than my metal one I have.
Unfortunately the seller seems not to sell to Austria, so I have to look around to find it somewhere else.....

Many Thanks for the help

Yes, it was me asking for this Pin-Vice with wooden handheld
View attachment 174180

View attachment 174181

I saw it in Gilles group build area for the Canoe and it is looking like working more accurate than my metal one I have.
Unfortunately the seller seems not to sell to Austria, so I have to look around to find it somewhere else.....

Many Thanks for the help
They say it is made by Zona, so you may have a local supplier that sells Zona saws you can check with if they ship.

You could glue a round knob from a hobby shop on the end of the handle of a metal hand drill.

The "round Knob" vices such as the plastic knob version or the small knob wood one from Micro Mark, or the Ball Wood knob from Zona, actually rotate on the shaft, so the knob remains statationary in your palm, while you spin the shaft and biot with your thumb and finger. Gluing a ball on a standard pin vice would not do that.

I have a vidio in AVI format but can't seem to figure out how to save it in a different format or insert it into this post.

EJ

The metal hand drill I use has a rotating end plate, so a knob would remain stationary in the palm.
I have just made a knob for my drill. I sawed off the end of an old saw handle, carved a hexagon in the end of the knob to fit the plate of the drill. It fits tightly in the knob and I can remove it if no longer wanted. It certainly is better to drill with a knob on the end of the drill than without. Better control of the drill. 20200823_142227.jpg20200823_142238.jpgI I can thoroughly recommend it.

The "round Knob" vices such as the plastic knob version or the small knob wood one from Micro Mark, or the Ball Wood knob from Zona, actually rotate on the shaft, so the knob remains statationary in your palm, while you spin the shaft and biot with your thumb and finger. Gluing a ball on a standard pin vice would not do that.

I have a vidio in AVI format but can't seem to figure out how to save it in a different format or insert it into this post.

EJ

Figured it out.

View attachment MVI_0083_x264.mp4

Back