Royal Caroline 1/30 Boxwood Edition by neptune

1.jpg
First of all I enlarged the Draught to 1/30 scale,

2.jpg
on the bottom of the draught there is a scale in feet, so at 1/30 scale every inch on the draught has to be equal 30 inches on the draught scale and every two inches equals 60 inches or five feet and this is what you can see above,

3.jpg
There's been a lot of talk about the plans in the kit being longer than what they should be, so I copied the inboard profile and cut it out, and it fits nearly exactly to the 1/30 scale draught except for a little bit at the transom, you can see the figure head sitting on the stem and also the Knights head the masts etc all fit,

4.jpg
I then moved the inboard drawing down a little bit to show how the side windows, gun ports and masts all line up,

thanks for looking in,

best regards John,

Last edited:
5.jpg
This shows the carvings laid over the 1/30 scale draught and you can see they do not fit they are little bit too deep and also too long,

6.jpg
The pink drawing is the draught and the white one is the drawing that i believe the carvings were developed from,

7.jpg
Here is another view of the white drawing after i have trimmed it and laid it over the 1/30 scale draught, approx 30mm longer,

8.jpg
and this is the carvings laid over the white drawing, everything fits perfectly, so you have two courses of action, you can either trim and cut the carvings to fit the kit or you can extend the kit by an amount that will let the carvings fit, for my next build of this model i am going to extend the length of the false keel,

best regards John,

Back