Royal Caroline 1/47 Panart by Messis [COMPLETED BUILD]

There is a mistake!
I have just started the second planking, I am planning to change the dropplanks sequence. In the first planking the first dropplank (direction towards the keel) is longer than the second dropplank. I believe this is wrong, so in the 2nd planking am making the 1st dropplank shorter and am making longer the lower one.
I do not think is is directly wrong. Good quality wood in the times of wooden ship building was a scares and expensive good, so they wood get most out of it. This means the stealers and dropplanks were fitted as directed by the wood used.
See below some pictures of the use of dropplanks and this is not showing the lower one should be shorter, but it is directed by the shape of the hull, the flow of the planks and the wood used.
bluff_bow.jpg
compare_english_dutch_planking.jpg

@Maarten Thank you very much! Nice of you to give this guidance.It makes sense what you just explained. I was wondering about the planking/dropplanks of some ships. For example now I realised that the greeks use the same method as the the hollaendische schiffbau. Still I have to tell you that at the end I did not corrected the above mentioned drop planks. Although I was planning to, my engineer's sense told me it looked engineer wiese better ... so I let it be.

Hermione now sits in my library on a nice furniture covered with glass. Coronivirus lock-down continuous though things look much better. In the last days Cyprus marks single digit numbers.

Actually I wasnt planning to start a new model so soon, but lock-down drove my hand to the cupboard where the R.Caroline kit was stored.

A kit in a scale that I really desire to build... where details can be seen, I hope. Its my second ship of the 18th century. After Hermione I though the scale and the rich decoration of this ship, it can become a much enjoyable build.

So am sailing again.View attachment 146725
Hallo @Messis ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

The Bellabarba book gives tons of good information about the ship. You can take individual pieces or combinations of them to enhance the kit. What you have to be aware of is that there are major dimensional differences between the kits hull and the Bellabarba drawings. I heard earlier that the hull in the kit is identical to the Panart Peregrine Galley hull. The carvings in the book do not match the kit hull, so you have to be cautious with this.
János

Dear Messis
Happy Birthday Birthday-Cake Birthday-Cake wish you all the Best, Happiness and enjoyment of building models of ships.
I would love to see where you have progress, I have the same model made by Mamoli.

@shota70 thank you very much for your wishes (dear neighbour... I mean Israel and Cyprus).

I have stop R.Caroline since some time now because am working on Odyseus ship... am going to continue soon as I am nearing to finish that one.

Hello Christos. It is great to see you back with RC.

Back