Royal Caroline 1/47 Panart by Messis [COMPLETED BUILD]

Very kind of you. Thank you very much... and its a very nice build. Do you have some more pic or a link where I could have a close look?
Christos

I really love those colors, especially the turquoise. Wonderful build. Thanks for sharing.

@DonRobinsseeThank you for the comment. Lets see how it comes out..... am doing them again and I am using the same stain but still lighter, applying it not with a brush but with a soft cloth in less intensity

This colour is close to the stain I am using frequently, the Golden Oak. I am not sure it would be available at your place.
János

So before redoing made an experiment to see how I can get the colour I need.

@janos thank you for the tip, but remember the masts were not oak, most propably (as Bellabarba's book suggests) were out of conifer trees... I suppose out of best quality.

So pine tree wood will do.... light brown with a dash of honey... not orange as I first thought and came up with "pencils" hunging on stem. (As @Tech Treck exellently put it)

So nr 1 is the wood before stain nr 5 is the one I used originaly (very orange indeed). Nrs 2 and 3 are the new experiments. I believe nr 3 is slightly more orange than honey.
So nr 2 will be!

For me the importance of this colour lies on the fact, that this is the stain am planning to use on all masts later on.

Disagrrements and good tips on that are very welcome

20210109_095152.jpg

Last edited:
Dear Messis
you achieved great progress, and the ship looks beautiful

Stem soon to be20210113_142040.jpg20210113_142017.jpg completed. Much iron (bronze) work! I find it challenging because I never worked so much metals by model shipbuilding.

Wasnt very hard though I am very inexperience in this kind of work. But still am looking forward to go back to old nice wood work.... lol

Back