Royal Caroline 1/47 Panart by Messis [COMPLETED BUILD]

Rigging the cannons... as I finished the first one, -they looked a little big- so I wondered if the blocks are out of scale. So I did some checking calculations. The correct size according to Bellabarba's book it should be 180 mm. So for the model's scale that is 3.75mm. That means a 4 mm block was the best I could use. Still there are'nt any 4 mm blocks to buy. Only 5mm and 3mm blocks are there available, but still both have about the same deviation of 1mm from the size I actually needed to use. So betwwen the two I decided to use the 5mm fine quality Syren Co. blocks which I already had. Untitled-1.jpg20210222_102254.jpg20210222_092938.jpg

@Heinrich I dont know Heinrich, are'nt the blocks a little big? I dont know If I should have use 3mm blocks instead, though it appeared to me that they were going to look too small. What do you think on this my friend?

@DonRobinson , thank you very much. I appreciate that a lot!

Do you have any experience with card blocks, its the only blocks I can get 3.5 mm and look realistic as Syren blocks.

@dockattner . Yes thank you my friend, I know. But in the moment its hard to get post from USA because of Corona, it takes more than a month. And just need 24 pieces of 3 or 3.5 mm. The rest blocks for my modell are already purchased from Syren and they are 5 mm
Yes, I understand. It took nearly 11 weeks for me to receive an order of pear wood from Russia. Alas, we live in strange times...

@DonRobinson , thank you very much. I appreciate that a lot!

Do you have any experience with card blocks, its the only blocks I can get 3.5 mm and look realistic as Syren blocks.
Hi Christos, I have never used card blocks so I cannot speak on them. If you are in a rush you could contact Zoran at MarisStella, they are located in Croatia. The blocks they sell are from Amati, although they are not the best with a little work they work fine. They sell 2 and 3 mm blocks which would work fine on your carriages. I use these blocks on most of my builds.

@DonRobinson I found in ebay a shop in China, very fine quality blocks, he can ship to me via UPS, which takes 3-4 days...
He is expensive but I dont need more than 60 blocks 3 mm all together, single and double. The rest blocks I need for the ship's rigging I already got them from US, Syren Model Co, it took 2 months almost.

Back