Royal Caroline 1/47 Panart by Messis [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hermione now sits in my library on a nice furniture covered with glass. Coronivirus lock-down continuous though things look much better. In the last days Cyprus marks single digit numbers.

Actually I wasnt planning to start a new model so soon, but lock-down drove my hand to the cupboard where the R.Caroline kit was stored.

A kit in a scale that I really desire to build... where details can be seen, I hope. Its my second ship of the 18th century. After Hermione I though the scale and the rich decoration of this ship, it can become a much enjoyable build.

So am sailing again.
Hallo @Messis
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your special day
Birthday-Cake

A very happy birthday Christos! Hopefully you have taken some time off to celebrate with the family! I wish you a year full of health so that you can continue to amaze us with your beautiful work!

Happy birthday Christos. Sending wishes for good health and a great year ahead.

χαρούμενα γενέθλια, Christos! Birthday-Cake Enjoy your special day and many more years happy and healthy life!

She is turning a beauty Christos! I love the natural wood finish combined with the black and gold trimmings. The blue is very subtle which just makes her look so classy! Well done! Thumbsup

Do and redo.
My shrouds are disturbing. I cant look at them. They look filthy and unrealistic.
So last night the decision was made: UNDO THEM and redo them correct. Do them the way it will make you happy to look at them!

So I have cut them off... all of them... it took me ages to do them, but no compromise can be made... undo and redo!

So this the way am going to redo them. This is the only way to find peace with my conscious.Screenshot_20211119-143109_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That is a bold decision Christos! I am sure that your final effort will make you happy and create the accomplishment that I know you seek in your builds.

Back