Royal Caroline 1/47 Panart by Messis [COMPLETED BUILD]

@dockattner yes you are right! Probably have push it as I was installing the castan on the deck.

But if you have good friends (as you) its easy to notice it and restore it...voilà and mercy my friendView attachment 223146
Téleios! I normally don't point out stuff like that on other people's build logs but there is so much precision to the rest of your work that I couldn't let it go. Plus, orthodontists have a thing about symmetry! Thanks for taking my small suggestion with such grace.

It looks great, but it is not a lifeboat! It was called - and used - as a ships boat. They did not worry too much about lives that time (not that it would be much better now). Swimming skills were not required and were very seldom those days. If someone fell into the water - bad luck.
János

It looks great, but it is not a lifeboat! It was called - and used - as a ships boat. They did not worry too much about lives that time (not that it would be much better now). Swimming skills were not required and were very seldom those days. If someone fell into the water - bad luck.
János
and turning a sailing ship like this, after someone fell into see took some time (10 to 30 minutes) to come back to the same place plus tackling and bringing the boat to water another longer time.......
so - falling over board - very bad luck

on some models you can find a life boje or Bouée de sauvetage - with luck the other seamen braught out such a boje to safe the life of someone in water

life boje 2.jpg life boje.jpg

This is beautiful work Christos. The ship's boat is a work of art in itself. Please tell us the story of the tanker that you were given as gift.

@dockattner thank you my friend. I really do.... my grandson is the best boosting for anything whats so ever! I feel 30 years old again. Believe me. Am even thinking to start preparations for the next Olympics!

@Heinrich its 200 meter long bulk carrier, very recent build, works in Pacific main engine 7500kw @ 79r/min, 65 000 DWT. Model Scale 1/300. Named Lem Verbena, its a Cyprus ownership.

Last edited:
Back