ROYAL CAROLINE 1749 M: 1/48 by Jeronimo [COMPLETED BUILD]

A few years ago CNC carvings for ship model could not be taken seriously. Now they are at that level that individual carvings are nearly as good - or even better - than the manual ones. And they have the tremendouos advantage in repetitiveness - repetitive carvings are not only good but also perfectly identical. And this can't be achieved if we carve manually.
Janos

A few years ago CNC carvings for ship model could not be taken seriously. Now they are at that level that individual carvings are nearly as good - or even better - than the manual ones. And they have the tremendouos advantage in repetitiveness - repetitive carvings are not only good but also perfectly identical. And this can't be achieved if we carve manually.
Janos

Not everyone has this gift.
The carving of Ivan Trtanj is from another star away.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Great - very good progress - and looking really good.
and thanks for showing us your way on your wood turning lathe - are you happy with your Proxxon?

Hi Uwe
For me, the Proxxon FD 150E is a somewhat better mini lathe for small parts made of wood.
Präcision work made of metal will be very difficult to work with.
Overall disappointing, I would not buy this machine again and find it overpriced.
Then rather invest in the larger Proxxon lathes.

Die Proxxon FD 150E ist für mich nur eine etwas bessere Mini-Drechselbank für Kleinteile aus Holz.
Präzisionsarbeiten aus Metall wird man nur sehr schlecht damit bearbeiten können.
Insgesamt enttäuschend, ich würde diese Maschine nicht nochmals kaufen
und finde sie auch noch überteuert.
Dann eher in die größeren Proxxon Maschinen investieren.

Karl

Hi Uwe
For me, the Proxxon FD 150E is a somewhat better mini lathe for small parts made of wood.
Präcision work made of metal will be very difficult to work with.
Overall disappointing, I would not buy this machine again and find it overpriced.
Then rather invest in the larger Proxxon lathes.

Die Proxxon FD 150E ist für mich nur eine etwas bessere Mini-Drechselbank für Kleinteile aus Holz.
Präzisionsarbeiten aus Metall wird man nur sehr schlecht damit bearbeiten können.
Insgesamt enttäuschend, ich würde diese Maschine nicht nochmals kaufen
und finde sie auch noch überteuert.
Dann eher in die größeren Proxxon Maschinen investieren.

Karl
Hallo Karl,
for metal work I have a very good lathe (but never used until now :( ) - I bought it once used from a retired modeler, who built steam engines........
So I am looking really for pure wooden work

Will there be an exhibition in Augsburg?
Janos
Once a year we make in southern Germany a meeting weekend, participants are members of a German forum and the German „Arbeitskreis“ . I made this year in spring the topic about the Meeting in Hattersheim near Frankfurt. In 2020 the Meeting will be in Augsburg, Bavaria. Usually appr. 40 modelers are coming with their actual work and project. Nice to see the friends, looking at models and talking about ship modeling. And off course one or two beer . F.e. My friend @Ivan Trtanj will also come.....

Hallo Karl,
es ist zwar bei uns nicht offiziell, aber trotzdem alles alles Gute nachträglich zu deinem Geburtstag.
Ich hoffe Ihr habt schön gefeiert
Birthday-Cake

Hallo Karl,
we from SOS wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back