For sale Royal Caroline

Luigi,
That amazing model belongs in a museum, and you belong on this site. Please build another masterpiece and start a build log to allow us the privilege to watch your work as it progresses.
Kind regards, Terry
Hello KOCH, the model in question is not from any museum, Luigi Balestrieri is an expert model maker who I have known well for about 40 years, I guarantee and confirm that it is all built in the laboratory without machinery.Frank

Hello KOCH, the model in question is not from any museum, Luigi Balestrieri is an expert model maker who I have known well for about 40 years, I guarantee and confirm that it is all built in the laboratory without machinery.Frank
Hi Frank,
I believe that a museum would be fortunate to have Luigi's exceptional work on display. You are lucky to know him. There is some great talent on this forum that probably know him as well, but I would really like to watch him work. Did he make a Build Log while constructing the Royal Caroline?
Regards, Terry

Oh Ho !!!!
first of all, before I start to praise your model, I would like to send a warm welcome here on board of our forum.

you are showing here a wonderful build model, high quality and accuracy - great details, very good overall appearance - just a very very good model
f.e. I like the way you show the hull planking treenailing - but also the painting and the ornaments, the rigging - very good work

You posted these photo in the "selling area" - is this correct?
Maybe you tell us a little bit more about scale, scratch or kit basis, materials etc etc etc. ??
Yes I posted these photos in the selling area.
Scale is 1: 50. I don't use kits, everything is handmade.
plans are those original of National Maritime Museum of Greenwich (London)
If I find a buyer I sell it.
I carved decorations on the hull. It took me about 7 years of work, because I spent a lot of time for drawing masting and rigging (based on James Lees)

Lovely work. Love the attention to details particularly on the golden/yellow areas where your painting really gives a sense of depth. Bravo.

I love your ropes! Did you make them yourself? Also, how did you color the gold decorations? Did you use a wash to make them appear more 3 dimensional?

Luigi,
That amazing model belongs in a museum, and you belong on this site. Please build another masterpiece and start a build log to allow us the privilege to watch your work as it progresses.
Kind regards, Terry
my guess is that many of us (including me) wouldn't still be alive to witness the completion of construction of another masterpiece like Caroline which would surely take a decade or more. :cool:

Back