Royal Louis 1780 Mamoli kit MV40 code 4006 1:90 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Charlie, Just found your build log. She sure is a big ship, reminds me of my HMS Victory of many years ago. The only thing that I did not like was there are so very many things the same thing like rigging canons and gun ports.
May I ask where you found that great sturdy third hand? It sure looks very handy.
Regards Lawrence

:cool:Tanks Canoe
I made that third hand myself from piece here and there
It is useful only for certain application I use lots more my alligator clips

And yes lots of repetitive thing on those monsters;)

Step 7 spar rope finish
tooke a rest between step 6 and 7

Finish a project started 20 years ago
Purchased in 1998 started in 2000 but never finished a Heinkel HE219 A-7 UHU
28 a.JPG
28 b.JPG

Follow by a regiment of Elves
28 c.JPG

And an English Machine Gun bust 1918
28 c 1.jpg
28 c 2.JPG

And now the ship
Yard rope
28 d.JPG
28 e.JPG
28 f.JPG
28 g.JPG

There is one more step to do nb8

But before I doo that I will do 4 other small projects
A land project, an Air, another bust and another Elf regime
29 a.JPG

Attachments

• 28 h.JPG
    28 h.JPG
    327.2 KB · Views: 7
Here it is finished
Start September 19, 2015
End August 27, 2020
After 867h of work with long stoppage to do other project
It's by doing this that I realize this!
It’s a wonderful project the ship is very beautiful and classy but in the future I will try to limit my enthusiasm to something reasonable in size (YA as if its going to happen)
On the other hand, certain aspects of the model were difficult to make it is really huge, really huge, took up a lot of space to build it (I am still limited in space) and luckily it will not stay here.
The kit for the assembly of the structure the instructions are really lacking on the other hand for the ropes it is number 1.
Its been a long time but at the end of the day I'm satisfied
The last 20 years I have only done naval wood. But for the last stages of construction of the Louis I took some rest between each stage where I did other project which helped me a lot to want to work on the ship so in the future I will proceed the same altering other project with ship building. So I will start again (after negotiation with my Minister of the Interior who wants his Portuguese Caraque Säo Miguel) The US Brig Syren that I have started last year October 2019.b 1 - Copie.JPGb 2 - Copie.JPGb 3 - Copie.JPGb 4 - Copie.JPGb 5 - Copie.JPGb 6 - Copie.JPGb 7 - Copie.JPGb 8 - Copie.JPGb 9.JPG

Da Daaa all done congratulations. That is a lot of ship Charles you have to be happy it looks stunning!!! Please take some picks if possible once it is off the bench and set up as I know you will.
Love to see you pick up the Syren again but I know I am biased and the admiral will have the final say ;)
Cheers mate talk soon.

Deck furniture construction
Cage hen base 13-1
View attachment 111551
A truck I use to have a perfect 90dg for small montages 13-2 I use 2 jig template that I press together
View attachment 111552
Voila 13-3 and 13-4 perfect construction 90dg
View attachment 111553
View attachment 111554
Product close 13-5
View attachment 111555
Same system for the construction of gratings 13-6 @ 13-8
View attachment 111556
View attachment 111557
View attachment 111558
Install on deck 13-9 and 13-10
View attachment 111559
View attachment 111560
Hi Charles

Just a quick question. What is the kits description of the Deck furniture on the poop deck, you know those 3 buildings, what are they ? Just asking as I am building Heller's 1/200 kit and they dont have anything on that deck, so it looks a bit bare, I was thinking of scratch building something similar to what's on the mamoli kit, just wanted to know what they definitely were.

All the best
Robert ⚓

If I understand correctly your question here you are
2021-06-26_11-49-44.jpg
1 is a light sky roof for the officer cabin

The other 2 are chicken pen or piglet pen as you wish food for the officer it was standard on almost all the ship of that class got the same thing on the Santisima Trinidad

If I understand correctly your question here you are
View attachment 240857
1 is a light sky roof for the officer cabin

The other 2 are chicken pen or piglet pen as you wish food for the officer it was standard on almost all the ship of that class got the same thing on the Santisima Trinidad
Brilliant Thanks for that information Charles much appreciated. As I said there is nothing on the Heller RL plans for this so I am definitely going to try and scratch build something along these lines.

Many thanks
Robert ⚓⚓⚓

Back