Royal Louise (Heller) [completed build]

I built a plastic model of the Royal Louis (kit by Heller) when I was in my early teens. Still, it is one of the most beautiful models I have. Unfortunately, time is starting to take its toll and the model is slowly degrading. So I decided to make a video of it, while it is still in good condition. Enjoy!

Hi
Another fellow with Royal Louis:). I agree it's a very beatiful piece of plastic(after Soleil Royal and Le Superbe;)) Do you plan to make another one?

Hi, I'm not planning another one at the moment, but I have a half-finished Mamoli Royal Louis that I want to finish this winter. I tend to agree, by the way, that the Soleil Royal and Le Superbe probably exceed the Royal Louis in beauty, but I reserve judgement until I've actually build one :)

(hmm, just in case you have the permissions to edit the title of this thread, could you change 'Louise' to 'Louis'?)

You can't go wrong with Soleil plastic or wood. Suberbe is better due to it's size(minimal diffrence but significant) and more details. but both(Sup and RL) without proper enhancements look like toys.

I have a half-finished Mamoli Royal Louis that I want to finish this winter
Will you make a gallery when you finish? There isn't a lot of them finished on the internet

Only Admins can change the title

yes, I intend to record videos of the process. It's already quite far along: the previous owner started the rigging (but oddly omitted the canon hatches)

I built Le Superbe & her lookalike Le Glorieux a couple of yrs. ago, & am getting ready to start the Royal Louis. I agree with you that enhancements & careful painting techniques make these ships what they are! For the Superbe, I ordered a set of flags from HisModel, & the result was amazing! Of course, I added rigging that Heller's instructions don't call for, but the room is there, so why not? The difference between it & the Glorieux is significant! When I start the Louis, I will order enhancements for it from HisModel, they make a world of difference! rick1011

Back