Royal Navy Ship of the Line Cross Section by DocBlake - (Mamoli's "Constitution") - 1:93 scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

Finally Finished!!!
done1.JPGdone2.JPGdone3.JPGdone4.JPGdone5.JPGdone6.JPGdone7.JPGdone8.JPGdone9.JPGdone10.JPGdone11.JPG
I added the last details to the cross section. The hammock netting supports were mounted and I rigged them with some black line. This was a style decision, not a historical one. I chose not to add the netting itself. The deadeyes and chainplates were installed next, with a small strip of boxwood glued to the outboard end of the channels to keep them in place. Last, I added the 4 gun port lids. Again, I chose not to rig them.

This was really a fun build, and I ended up with a model that was completely different from what the kit intended. To me, that is the real fun. Thanks for watching, everyone!

It looks really good Dave, the different types of wood you used are so much better than paint or a stain. I have enjoyed watching you build it,

Cheers Andy

Hi Dave,
Stunning work mate.
I just hope my cross sections comes out half as good.
Can you tell me how you did the treenails please?
And can anyone advise on where treenails would appear in the Victoy cross section?
Many thanks in advance.

Can you tell me how you did the treenails please?
And can anyone advise on where treenails would
G'day Tony
@Galley Slave
I can answer that question for you..the treenails were done but a lazer cutter when the planks were cut. They are brilliant, aren't they.
If you would like to have a similar finish, Maarten's log on his Royal Caroline shows how to do it.
Just click HERE Aand the link will take you to the spot.

Back