Russian T34-76

So I've been away from this site for the last 4 months or so. I've been working on other projects, I finally built a case for my Constitution model to keep the dirt away. I have also been working on a ZHL Black Pearl all scenario that I'm still not sure if I should do a build thread for or not. Then last weekend I finally got the modeling bug again and decided to revert back to my younger days for a bit and build a tank.

This took me about 16 hours. I'm really happy with how the weathering looks. I haven't built any armor in about 40 years, but it looks like the weathering structures etc. for the train layout helped with the tank. Best thing is building this got me motivated to get back to work on the ships.

i-QRq48FX-XL.jpg

IMG_4456%20%281280x876%29-XL.jpg

Looks sharp! Russia recently repatriated a bunch of T-34s from Laos, who were still using them. They are an icon of the great patriotic war and revered in some circles. Lots of entertaining youtube videos on excavating, recovering and restoring these machines. The Soviet line for the crews was something like "first you are a tank. If you cannot move you are a pillbox. When you run out of ammunition you are a machine gun nest. Then you are heroes!"

Back