San Felipe 1690 ZHL 1:50 blocks

Dear modelers, if you are not sure of the size of the blocks you need for your model, use the basic table which I attached. The table is processed according to the information and the table from the book Historic ship models by Wolfram zu Monfeld. From pages 272 and 308. Rigging - calculation diameter of ropes and size of blocks you can download from my pages.
In this Excel table it is enough to enter the required scale of model and diameter of the main mast at the main deck. All other dimensions of ropes and pulleys are calculated on the basis of this table.
However, if you are interested I can prepare a specific plan for the sold scale, where you will have drawn the recommended pulleys according to this table or other historic dokument. Similar to the attached plan.
If you have further questions, write.
Sincerely, Radimir
Plan of rigging of Mayflower in scale 1:96 for models by Airfix, Heller, Revell

Last edited:
Dear modelers, if you are not sure of the size of the blocks you need for your model, use the basic table which I attached. The table is processed according to the information and the table from the book Historic ship models by Wolfram zu Monfeld. From pages 272 and 308. Rigging - calculation diameter of ropes and size of blocks you can download from my pages.
In this Excel table it is enough to enter the required scale of model and diameter of the main mast at the main deck. All other dimensions of ropes and pulleys are calculated on the basis of this table.
However, if you are interested I can prepare a specific plan for the sold scale, where you will have drawn the recommended pulleys according to this table or other historic dokument. Similar to the attached plan.
If you have further questions, write.
Sincerely, Radimir
Plan of rigging of Mayflower in scale 1:96 for models by Airfix, Heller, Revell
This is a very interesting and helpful table - great work!

In order to save this very helpful tool we kindly ask you to make a small separate topic in our rigging area, so everybody can find this tool in future easier

The blocks that come with the kit are 8mm cut flat with laser cutter. I want to replace but I'm not sure of size. I think 8mm is a little big but not sure, and where do I shop for them?
Hallo @Old Man258 ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

as a general rule the blocks and rigging line get progressivly smaller the higher up you go . same applies for the standing rigging and even the lower and upper shrouds. 6 mils sounds right for the lower heavier blocks and down to 3 mils for the topgallant rigging would look more accurate than using the same size block everywhere

The blocks that come with the kit are 8mm cut flat with laser cutter. I want to replace but I'm not sure of size. I think 8mm is a little big but not sure, and where do I shop for them?
Hallo @Old Man258
Birthday-Cake

If you are interested I can make you a quote for a set of pulleys. I will adapt the size and types of pulleys to historical facts according to the plan.
If you are interested in such an offer, it is ideal to send me a scan of the rigging plan. I will draw the appropriate sizes and types of pulleys on the plan for you.
As for example in the attached plan one of page from Victory rigging plans. I look forward to your reply.
Radimir

Victory blocks 4.jpg

Hallo @Old Man258
Birthday-Cake

Back