San Juan Nepomuceno. 74c ship of the line 1766 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Sorry for the short answer, but it should now from today giving an explanation.
Furled Sails: These are sails that are in a partially lifted position
On a real ship at sea, the sail surface was reduced many times with strong winds. In Harbour many sales were furled too -letting a few set, to maintain the ship's position on the anchor.
In Ships modelling it is mainly the lower sails and sometimes the topgallant sails there are furled. In my point of view, it is mainly done, to give a better view of the deck's details etc. will attach a few images
El Capi
p.s. both images are from the book: wooden ship modelling for dummies. A preview can be seen on the Net, but if you want to see all- pay

Attachments

• 01441.jpg
    01441.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 01445.jpg
    01445.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 43
Hi parnawac, pleased to meet you. In fact it is not my interpretation but the actual facts gathered in the monography "Navío San Juan Nepomuceno" written by Alejandro Yáñez after years of investigation and many visits to the Naval Museum.

"In 1790 she comes into El Ferrol shipyard to receive the coppering, being ready to set sail in april that year"

Greetings
Jaime

Hi parnawac, pleased to meet you. In fact it is not my interpretation but the actual facts gathered in the monography "Navío San Juan Nepomuceno" written by Alejandro Yáñez after years of investigation and many visits to the Naval Museum.

"In 1790 she comes into El Ferrol shipyard to receive the coppering, being ready to set sail in april that year"

Greetings
Jaime
Thanks for that info , nice to live close by the museum, very nice work.

Good evening fellow modellers!

I start this thread to show you how I’m making this incredible ship of the line, representing it as it fought in Trafalgar.

The kit itself has many weaknesses due to, I suppose, commercial reasons so I take the instructions as “suggestions” and really follow the documents and information that I get from some experts, the internet and the MNM (Naval Museum of Madrid).

One of these experts is Alejandro Yáñez who, time ago, wrote a monograph about the Nepomuceno that is truly useful, besides, is free to download for everyone who was interested in it!!!

I started the kit in October 2016 and devoting 2-3 hours a day average, but I spend lots of time thinking in how to do things better and repeating parts that are not satisfactory.

I’ve discarded most of the die cast parts, in my opinion are terrible, not only in their awful shape but in the quality of the metal.

Here you have the first round of pictures of my work. Please ask whatever you want and feel free to criticize as the better way to improve.

Greetings
JaimeView attachment 74041View attachment 74042View attachment 74043View attachment 74044View attachment 74045View attachment 74046View attachment 74047View attachment 74048View attachment 74049View attachment 74050
Hallo @Jaime R
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Are you working actualy on a new project?

Good evening fellow modellers!

I start this thread to show you how I’m making this incredible ship of the line, representing it as it fought in Trafalgar.

The kit itself has many weaknesses due to, I suppose, commercial reasons so I take the instructions as “suggestions” and really follow the documents and information that I get from some experts, the internet and the MNM (Naval Museum of Madrid).

One of these experts is Alejandro Yáñez who, time ago, wrote a monograph about the Nepomuceno that is truly useful, besides, is free to download for everyone who was interested in it!!!

I started the kit in October 2016 and devoting 2-3 hours a day average, but I spend lots of time thinking in how to do things better and repeating parts that are not satisfactory.

I’ve discarded most of the die cast parts, in my opinion are terrible, not only in their awful shape but in the quality of the metal.

Here you have the first round of pictures of my work. Please ask whatever you want and feel free to criticize as the better way to improve.

Greetings
JaimeView attachment 74041View attachment 74042View attachment 74043View attachment 74044View attachment 74045View attachment 74046View attachment 74047View attachment 74048View attachment 74049View attachment 74050
Hallo @Jaime R
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Are you actual working on a project?

Back