San Juan Nepomuceno. 74c ship of the line 1766 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Willy thanks for visiting. The “to do” tasks are the flag and pennant, the installation on the base and finally a little inscription explaining something about the ship.

Regarding my next project, I have a number of ships waiting in the dockyard ;)

Hughs
Jaime

Good morning fellow modellers.

The last part of this log is how I made the flags. I followed the same technique I used before for the sails. I mean, silkspan and acrilic paint but careful enough to give the fabric the look of being loose and with natural folds.Nepo_Jul_01.jpgNepo_Jul_08.jpgNepo_Jul_09.jpgNepo_Jul_17.jpgNepo_Jul_18.jpgNepo_Jul_19.jpgNepo_Jul_20.jpgNepo_Jul_22.jpgNepo_Jul_23.jpg

And this adventure have come to an end. After three years of challenging work the ship is done.
Here you have the last pictures of the Nepomuceno. Please, if you have any other perspective o detail, please let me know prior to the installation of the display cabinet.

Thanks to be there and greetings
JaimeNepo_Jul_31.jpgNepo_Jul_32.jpgNepo_Jul_36.jpgNepo_Jul_37.jpgNepo_Jul_39.jpgNepo_Jul_40.jpgNepo_Jul_41.jpgNepo_Jul_43.jpg

Congratulations Jamie - you made a very good model - the appearance of her is very good, but this I mentioned already during your log.
And the overall look is really great ! :cool:
And one last comment: Your flags are great - the folds / crinkles are very realistic and the flags are really hanging correctly - not an easy job, especially with such a big spanish one, but you solved it very very good. Thumbs-UpThumbs-UpThumbs-Up
Many Many thanks for your building log - Hope to see you soon with your next project shown in a building log (?)

Thank you very much for your words Uwek, as well as the rest of the projects, I had to do several tests with the flag (a couple of weeks with them) but at the end I achieved a good result.
Regarding the size, I must say that it is even smaller than the real one, that was enormous. Let me put here a picture of the actual flag of the "San Ildefonso" also taken in Trafalgar and preserved in the museum of Greenwich.

Hugs
JaimeBandera San Ildefonso.jpeg

ROTFROTFROTFROTF
Hi Jim, in fact it is.

Some time ago one of my godsons asked me for a model and I promised him to build one for him. I bought an Albatros schooner from Constructo and I’ve already started it.

But, please, shhhhh I want to keep it secret until his birthday in january.

Greetings
Jaime

Back