Santa Ana 1784

Has anyone done a Santa Ana 1784? 11 of the 19 sails up. Is the belaying layout correct. Working on the foremast main. Been using other people's blds as tutorials by going through picts. This only shows so much. I've actually questioned this entire bld. from the beginning when started to cut in gun ports and noticed wrong measurements in the instructions. This has been my most challenging build to date. Been using the Petersson "Rigging" as a guide. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Will work on some picts next as I am new to this and a little computer illiterate. There is one gentleman on this site, but seems he left off right about where I am now. Thanx.!!!

HI Ken, not left off, still plodding along. I've been awayy from home a lot for the last two months with work, so It slowed me down. Plus I got obsessed with some online game releases. My wife thnks online MMO is not for 60+ people. Hah !

Anyway I will be back logging soon. Juts gotta finish rigging the Main & Mizzen Yard blocks, then full steam ahead. Great looking kit, just really really really crappy info. Like you I use the 'P' book and a lot of logical guesswork.

Back