Santisima Trinidad cross section Occre - bashed [COMPLETED BUILD]

Tony,

Thanks so much for your very kind post.

Here are the remaining images of this now completed build. An area that I did not post had to do with adding the capsquare locking bolts and small chain.
Last 4 images are about this detail

Have been focusing on the Sergal Sovereign - will also add (hopefully) many details as well.
2.jpeg3.jpg4.jpeg5.jpeg6.jpeg7.jpeg8.jpeg9.jpeg10.jpeg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpeg16.jpg17sos.jpg18sos.jpg19sos.jpg20sos.jpg21sos.jpg
Thanks for your previous interest in the Santisima log

Congratulations - you made real fine model and an eye-catcher at the wall - very well done

Hello, and thank you for sharing your amazing build. It has inspired me to order this same kit and give model shipbuilding a try.

One question, and please forgive me if you have already answered this: What book is this? It looks like a great source of general information and nice diagrams.

Thank you!
Bryan

10.jpg

Wade - Big thanks for you very kind comment.

bc_63 -- per your question; note it a large size book - and also lots of fun going through the many notes on each page.
Hmmm - turns out that I need to revisit my Santisima ---- all of the gratings that I installed are very much out-of-scale. Still learning haha

IMG_8058.jpegIMG_8060.jpeg

bc_63 -- per your question; note it a large size book - and also lots of fun going through the many notes on each page.
Hmmm - turns out that I need to revisit my Santisima ---- all of the gratings that I installed are very much out-of-scale. Still learning haha

Thank you, sir! Book has been ordered. I love the detail of the dismembered sailor getting himself and his various loose body parts tossed overboard... :D

As I continue to learn - now need to revisit this last build. I actually had made the same mistake with the current Sovereign (since fixed)
Nigel was kind enough to let me know that all the gratings were actually way off scale. Well it's the same with this one.
Been on my mind for a while now. Should be a fairly easy fix.
Also one of the LED lanterns sometimes does no turn on - bad/weak connection?

8.jpeg6.jpeg

As I continue to learn - now need to revisit this last build. I actually had made the same mistake with the current Sovereign (since fixed)
Nigel was kind enough to let me know that all the gratings were actually way off scale. Well it's the same with this one.

View attachment 361975View attachment 361976

Dear John
it's looks very impressive!!! Okay :)

Last edited:

View attachment 361975View attachment 361976
Stunning, I saw you build parts (guns and installing the cariage rigging) in Youtube and was spellbound. I have so much to learn, but I am loving seeing models built by experts. Thank you! Cant stop roaming the decks!

Stunning, I saw you build parts (guns and installing the cariage rigging) in Youtube and was spellbound. I have so much to learn, but I am loving seeing models built by experts. Thank you! Cant stop roaming the decks!
Wade,
Thanks so much for the super nice post.
I remember just starting work in this hobby also spellbound with expert builder's logs. I'm still learning and not even close to their level of work.
Learned so much from others over the years - so glad that you find my work encouraging. I am a bit puzzled however? I have a youTube channel, but it is only aviation related.
I have not posted any videos on youTube for my ship builds. You must have me confused with another builder who also seems inspirational?
In any case thanks again for liking the work that I have done with this ship.:)

Regards,

shota70;
Haha - funny and appreciated.
Great series as well - that said, Pedro Pascal does great work. Liked him a lot in "The Last of Us" - though the last episode
was less than satisfying
. He was brilliant in Netflix's Narcos. I think that he also had a role in Game of Thrones during its earlier seasons?

Cheers,

Hello, and thank you for sharing your amazing build. It has inspired me to order this same kit and give model shipbuilding a try.

One question, and please forgive me if you have already answered this: What book is this? It looks like a great source of general information and nice diagrams.

Thank you!
Bryan
Hallo Bryan alias @bc_63
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Is the ballast normally laid on top of the planking, I assumed it was placed in the bilge against a hull planking, am I wrong?

Is the ballast normally laid on top of the planking, I assumed it was placed in the bilge against a hull planking, am I wrong?
Hi,

Not quite sure that I understand your question. There are, of course, outer and inner hull plankings. And yes ballast rocks, barrells and such are usually
laid above the inner hull hold deck planks. The last image is from the kit's "out-of-the-box" image. The Santisima was my first cross-section so I'm sure that I got some things wrong as well.
Note bilge pumps from second image - removes water between outer and inner planking in hold area.

10.jpgIMG_1373.jpeg155-163e.png12.jpg

Back