Santisima Trinidad cross section Occre - bashed [COMPLETED BUILD]

Very well done - the appearance is very good and a very good eye for the details - Thumbs-Up

Uwek, thanks for your kind comment as well.
-----------------------------------

Some updated work in the same area as before. Finished up the mast cheeks or are they bibs? See lower pics. That said, should those long mast cheeks that are wrapped in ropes ALSO have some nails pounded through into the mast??

I spent a lot of time looking through my books, and at “Google University” looking through many photos – found nothing helpful. The only hint was the Boudroit Book (see pic)– it offered a slight hint at a yes. I don’t have his book 1 (hull construction)– that one certainly details mast construction as well.

I have not seen nails in any of the brilliant Russian museum quality models that I have looked at. Hmmmm? Any suggestions are appreciated. I just don’t have enough knowledge to decide nails or no nails.

PS2: I know that historically this area should be painted black – None of my friends will know any different haha – you all will of course.

Now onto the topmast – maybe I’ll do the lower main yard for a change of pace….

As always thanks so much for the likes, any suggestions and comments

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpeg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpeg8.jpeg9.jpeg10.gif11.jpg12.jpg

KNUT, yes will post how to - very simple tool to use.
Charles - thanks !!

Had a second thought when I started looking at the main yard measurements. The two pulleys I added to those served lines are too small IMO.

I like the double / triple combination with the larger size bits. Using this drawing as a guide.

PS: Hard to believe that the lower main yard (per Occre instructions) does not require parrels?? - I will attach the lower yard to the mast with parrels -right or wrong. As well as the topmast yard (Occre does show those used for that yard.

IMG_0675.jpgIMG_0676 copy.jpeg

KNUT, this is the serving machine that I use. The video fast-forwards but then slows down so you can see how it works. Be sure to;

1) keep tension on the thread with your finger and thumb.
2) have the thread run at a slight angle against the direction that you are serving - this keeps the serving very nice and even as you move along
3) look carefully as you serve - its easy to overlap and double over bits along the way because of 2)
4)
Add a clamp to the base when using - keeps the machine fixed in place - moves around when you spin fast.

Cheers,

Charles, much too kind - I've seen a lot of your work - I hope to be as good someday.

Doing an “in-between” bit right now. Since all of the masts are done, and now working on the lower main yard, I have exact dimensions needed to start the case; just needed to add the base. Decided to use the kit provided parts just added a bit to the front face.

The case will have a minimalist look. It will be wall mounted (not on a second wall stand, just with a painting type hook behind its backside {case will be flush against the wall – will add a slight lip to wood side frames to absorb the hook}).
The front, and sides will be Plexiglas (maybe the top as well). The rear interior face will be covered in very light sand colored cloth similar to a sail. The inner space will be very close to completed kit dimensions. The on/off light switch and battery will be, invisible, under bottom of the case – easy access.

The same woodworking shop that made the base for the Vasa will build this for me as well. This will be more involved however.

Now need to draw ideas for the case framing. AND live back and forth with mental changes before the shop starts to cut wood (thinking of pear – nice sandy color)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Back