Santisima Trinidad [COMPLETED BUILD]

Great work Shelk. I enjoyed watching your latest video while having coffee. I call your paint chipping technique "stippling". Question: Do you ever have problems with the CA glue adhering to the stain/paint? Keep up the good work and thanks so much for taking the extra time to make videos!!! I am sure it helps model builders a lot to see how the work is actually done instead of just the final result.

Does anyone know relatively to the size of the boat what would be the size of the mast?
From what I have read and seen ships boat mast would be longest that would fit when stowed inside on seats

I am guess spar would be 2/3 height of mast.

This is mostly from seeming photos and kits of long boats

Great work Shelk. I enjoyed watching your latest video while having coffee. I call your paint chipping technique "stippling". Question: Do you ever have problems with the CA glue adhering to the stain/paint? Keep up the good work and thanks so much for taking the extra time to make videos!!! I am sure it helps model builders a lot to see how the work is actually done instead of just the final result.

Realized that my previous answer was lacking...

I have no issue with ca glue on paint or stain, like I said before, but we have to keep in mind the bond wood-glue is better than the bond wood-paint-glue this is easy to see if you try to separate 2 pieces, if on of them is painted, it will peel the paint, since the addesion from the paint to the wood will always be weaker

Occre has requested pics of my build to post on instagram and Facebook, they were published today, I know it's not a huge deal, but I'm still happy for it

Meanwhile I'm addressing the last few things before the masts, started weathering the gunports and someme eye bolts and blocks on the deck
IMG_20200715_002646.jpgIMG_20200715_002608.jpg

Last edited:
123 belay pins in place
IMG_20200715_232103.jpg

Did this piece in wood instead of the metal one from the kit, whatever that is
IMG_20200715_231718.jpgIMG_20200715_232056.jpg

Started working on the masts for the boats
IMG_20200715_235010.jpg

After the boat masts, oars and the sail, and everything on the deck and hull will be completed, then "only" masts and rigging left

At some point I considered doing the rigging a bit loose and even some broken ropes, but we all know that the lack of weight of the lines on a scale model make this hard to accomplish, and yes I can water down pva glue and weight down the ropes, but that can be done on some ropes here and there, I don't think doing this on all the rigging of the ship would end up looking realistic, so the rigging will still be mostly tight

What I want to do is use normal color rope and somehow simulate the tar being patchy on the rigging that should have tar

For the spots without tar and the rigging that doesn't have tar, just making the rope dirty with pigments and or washes

At some point I considered doing the rigging a bit loose and even some broken ropes, but we all know that the lack of weight of the lines on a scale model make this hard to accomplish, and yes I can water down pva glue and weight down the ropes, but that can be done on some ropes here and there, I don't think doing this on all the rigging of the ship would end up looking realistic, so the rigging will still be mostly tight

What I want to do is use normal color rope and somehow simulate the tar being patchy on the rigging that should have tar

For the spots without tar and the rigging that doesn't have tar, just making the rope dirty with pigments and or washes
That should look good, looking forward to seeing it!

Back