Santisima Trinidad [COMPLETED BUILD]

Yesterday at 8:54 PM
Just realized that the chip is 88cm tall....

Yep it is a monster 1.08m long also
Luckily mine is at my son place and the R.L. that I am building same length but only 830mm high is for my son boss so will not stay here it take a lots of place once finish
For a monster like that you must envisage a display of 1.5m long, X may be 1m high X at least 50mm for clearing the mast spar. BIG DISPLAY.

Yes I will show in a video, but vídeos are lagging behind the build a couple months

1st disclaimer, I'm using amati rope, in my opinion it is far better than the rope usually provided on the kits, more stiff, no fuzziness this allows me to not use wax, which is important for the 1st step, that is a brown wash from Vallejo, this step is not fundamental but makes the rope look more dirty, I prefer it, I do it in place, if you need to use wax, I would say use the wash 1st then the wax, then put the rope in place, I'm pretty sure the wax will affect the absorption of the wash, but I never tried

Then I mix black paint with pva glue and apply it with a stiff bristle brush that is very destroyed, if you see my videos, the brush I use to do the chipping effects for little touch ups a tooth pick with the glue, the ammount of paint is whatever it's needed to make the mix black, too little it will be gray

There is black pva, but people say it dries Gray, so I decided to mix paint directly with the normal white glue, but never tried, might be an option

I have a question so on great British ships in the 1700 and 1800 hundreds a common floor design was a black and white Checkered pattern on the floor of the captains cabin was there a French equivalent on the floor of their ships

Forgot to drill a slot before assembling and rigged the hearts wrong

I guess tomorrow I will be redoing today's stuff

Back