Santisima Trinidad [COMPLETED BUILD]

I know in port they kept everything neat and tidy, but at sea did they always have ropes neatly coiled at every gun and belaying pin?

This model is probably closer to what the 36 year old Santisima Trinidad looked on that fateful day in October 1805.
Especially since Spain, under French rule, had a military budget close to zero.

I know in port they kept everything neat and tidy, but at sea did they always have ropes neatly coiled at every gun and belaying pin?

I don't really know for sure, i didn't do those perfect coils that we usually see, these are more of a mess, they match the ship better, but still some sort of order

Overall and not refering to my model in particular, the idea that i have is that stuff was well maintained and neatly organised on a ship mostly because you have a huge crew that you need to handle the cannons in battle, and while you are not in battle, you need to keep them busy or some sort of problems are going to arise with that many sailors not having something to do. But i might be wrong

This model is probably closer to what the 36 year old Santisima Trinidad looked on that fateful day in October 1805.
Especially since Spain, under French rule, had a military budget close to zero.

Thank you for the compliment, but to be completly honest, IF the santisima trinidad was in fact painted red just for the battle of trafalgar, the red never got the chance to get really weathered, despite the condition of the spanish navy at the time.

It's still my rendition of a very weathered down red santisima trinidad.

As long as it looks the way you want it to look, it looks great.

In ship building, unless made for a museum where correctness is needed, you make it the way the builder wants it to look.

I like that very nautical name the Thingy! Though I thought it was more like a head rail, or something close to that.

I am sure others will know the proper ships hardware nomenclature.

Just watching on the sidelines with awe and respect for the craftsmanship and techniques. I am like a toddler watching how the grown ups do it. Brilliant work.

Back