Sapelli Dye

Occre puts out a dye called "sapelli" (product #19210). It's kind of pricey--but shipping is outrageous to say the least. What exactly is it? Is it like a satin mahogany dye?
What can I buy in the USA that is comparable and that won't cost me an arm and a leg? All input is greatly appreciated. Andy from Kenosha.

Occre puts out a dye called "sapelli" (product #19210). It's kind of pricey--but shipping is outrageous to say the least. What exactly is it? Is it like a satin mahogany dye?
What can I buy in the USA that is comparable and that won't cost me an arm and a leg? All input is greatly appreciated. Andy from Kenosha.
Andy
From what I can see it looks no different from a mahogany stain one can get from the local hardware store. Sapelli strips I have seen are very close to this stain colour.

Andy
From what I can see it looks no different from a mahogany stain one can get from the local hardware store. Sapelli strips I have seen are very close to this stain colour.
This confirms what I suspected--thank you so much.

Another way to look at this is to ask yourself what “wood” do you want to represent…then find the stain to represent it. Indeed, hardware store stains fill the need adequately. One brand, for example, is MinWax stains.

Thanks Dan--as a matter of fact I talked with Ace Hardware today. They have a 1/2 pint can of Minwax satin bombay mahogany for $10 which I'm going to purchase later today.

Andy from Kenosha

Back