Saw blades for Proxxon table saw,

Last edited:
Last edited:
I want to replace my sawblade but I’m not able to loosen the sawblade screw. I tried and tried...... with no succes. Anybody else had this problem?

Last edited:
Is it a Proxxon saw you are referring to ?
On the inside of the saw blade next to the motor, I grab the shaft of the saw with multi grips and then on the other side of the blade use a spanner to loosen the nut.

Why do you do that Brian, on my Proxxon there is a hole through the saw table over the shaft, you get a steel pin with the saw that goes down through the table and the shaft, this locks the shaft, and then I use the hex key to unlock the hex screw,

Best regards John,

I want to replace my sawblade but I’m not able to loosen the sawblade screw. I tried and tried...... with no succes. Anybody else had this problem?

This happened to meet to a while ago. I can blame just myself for it, because I must have over-tightened the screw before. Finally only a few cautious hammer hits helped. Since then I have been more coutious by tightening that screw. And don't forget to seriously clean the inside of the Allen screw head because it fills up with sawdust and the key just jumps out of it.
Instead of a steel pin I use another small Allan-key to lock that shaft so it does not disappear like the steel pin would.
János

My table saw is a Chinese" knock off" John. Its obviously a bit different to the Proxxon.

I have two saws Brian, one is the old Proxxon with Variable speed control, and it has a steel pin that is bent to stop it slipping through the saw table,
see pic below,

IMG20200727192911.jpg
This is the pin supplied with the Proxxon, it goes right through the shaft to lock it while changing the blade,

IMG20200727192914.jpg
and a close up,

I also have the Chinese copy and it also has a hole through the saw table, but the pin does not go right through
the shaft, it just locates in a small hole in the shaft, again see pics below

IMG20200727192800.jpg
Shows the pin locking the shaft,

IMG20200727192808.jpg
and a close up, I only paid AUD $290 for this saw and I think it is nearly as good as the Proxxon,

hope this helps,

best regards John,

Janos said,
Instead of a steel pin I use another small Allan-key to lock that shaft so it does not disappear like the steel pin would.

G'day Janos, with my Proxxon saw they supplied a smooth round bent pin to make sure it didn't slip through the table,

IMG20200727192911.jpg

IMG20200727192914.jpg

best regards John,

Back