scale WW2 crew figures

Hi all.
Does anyone know where I can get 1/200 crew figures for my Arii Yamato and my Trumpeter Bismarck. I've been all over the net for weeks but no luck so any help would be really appreciated. Many thanks. Mike

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.

The other day I discovered the Shapeways website. They list a number of 3-D printed figures including sailors at 1/200 (they have a couple of sets that seem suitable for my 1/200 Arizona)
The site is worth browsing for all kinds of naval fittings, in a staggering range of scales, as well as other things (aircraft, vehicles etc).

Try shapeways dot com forward stroke marketplace (or just Google search for shapeways)

best of luck!

Paper Shipwright has several sets of Figures in 1/250 scale (its a common scale for papermodel ships) they can be be rescaled and printed on your home computer. To rescale the figures to 1/200 set the printer to resize the image by 1.25%. I believe these should be printed on 67Lb/180gsm paper. the white edges of the exposed paper will need to be painted. I would suggest that you use gouache water color paints which is opaque the small brick type water color paint is transparent and the white edges will show through the paint.
Did I say that the figures are free? if nothing else just give them a try they look quite good. There are also free model ships available, and a template to make ships railing in 1/250 which can also be rescaled to 1/200th. All of the models that Paper Shipwright has are top quality.

Link to the figures-

if you have any questions on working with paper you can contact me via PM.

Hello Jim, and thank you for your help and offer. But why resolve questions via PM? Why not answer in a thread so it will help others as well? ;)
Jimsky

This is a outstanding forum and I did not want to disrupt the forum by hijacking the thread and thought that if there were any questions I would start a separate thread on paper modeling technics.

Jim

Back