Kit review Schooner for Port Jackson (1802) - 1:36 by Miniature Arts

Definitely Christmas in Florida.
What can I say? Nine days from placing my order to receiving it at my door.
Outstanding customer service First Place Metal

Now for my
Dilemma. I'm in the middle of another build and I know what will happen IF I open the package.;)
Actually, I already know what's inside the package thanks to Uwek's excellent review. Well, maybe just a little peek to see if there are any damaged parts. :D

Package.jpg

smiley.gif

Well, I did take a peek inside the box which we all knew I would. Speaking of wood, (pun intended) there's nothing like the smell of fresh char. ;)
The first issue was that my building manual was not in English. I wasn't sure if I didn't order correctly. A couple of emails and I quickly (within minutes) received a .pdf of the English manual from Zoltan.
The pictures showed the cradle assembly and the instructions said to not glue everything together as additional parts would be required to fit prior to gluing. Whew, that would have been a do-over right from the start. :oops:
Everything appears to be first class! Now I have to formulate a build plan.
Fully plank or half plank, fully deck or partial plank to allow the framing to be visible.
Nailing the deck is a no brainer as the decking is pre-drilled (Actually lasered holes) for nailing with the included material to do so.
All in all, this appears to be an excellent kit and I'm really looking forward to building it.
Did I say I really like this little Schooner?

The downside is twofold:
(1) There are numerous barrels to be assembled. Ugh I hate doing barrels. :( Although if I completely plank the hull there won't be a need for barrels.
(2) I've been waiting for a wood order to arrive for what I am currently building and, you guessed it, it came one day after this kit arrived.

Oh well, as they say, too many projects, not enough time.

When I get around to actually starting the build, I will do a build log.

Back