Scroll saw blade TPI

I know they recommend more teeth for thinner and softer woods but do you have the same blade in the scroll saw all the time. I must admit I do and prefer the Pegas 18.5 TPI.
What is your preferred blade TPI or do you change for particular jobs on the ship?

I am not changing the blade in the scroll saw very often - only for brass / metal
It needs only one minute to change on my Hegner saw, but I forget to do so / I am too lazy - and it is working well

Thanks Uwek, I haven't tried metal yet. What TPI ( teeth Per Inch) do you use for wood

Thanks Uwek, I haven't tried metal yet. What TPI ( teeth Per Inch) do you use for wood
I am sorry, but I can not give you the correct information, because I can find in moment only the german web-page of Hegner, the supplier of the scroll saw, and I am using their saw-blades - no information about "per inches"
..... but maybe the german information can help you for research

I know they recommend more teeth for thinner and softer woods but do you have the same blade in the scroll saw all the time. I must admit I do and prefer the Pegas 18.5 TPI.
What is your preferred blade TPI or do you change for particular jobs on the ship?
I change blades pretty often depending on what I am cutting. Very fine toothed blades for 1/16" thickness wood and less and coarser blades for thicker wood. Also I can tell from how a blade is sawing when it is time to install an new one.

Google ‘scroll saw blade chart’ and it will give you many charts. Just print out one and keep it by your scroll saw

Back