Sea Shanties

Has anyone else noticed the sudden interest in Sea Shanties on the internet started by the world taking notice of the young man from Scotland with his posting of the song the Wellerman. I find the music very inspirational as I work on my latest maritime project.

Nathan Evans - Wellerman (TikTok Sea Shanty) | Official Audio​

Has anyone else noticed the sudden interest in Sea Shanties on the internet started by the world taking notice of the young man from Scotland with his posting of the song the Wellerman. I find the music very inspirational as I work on my latest maritime project.
Your video is great! Well done!

The very first CD I bought, I do not know how long ago, was this one. :p
I have a lot of CD's now, but still only 2 with sea songs... Redface
IMG-1417.JPGIMG-1418.JPG

Two of my favorites:
"Doodle let me go" from the movie "The Lighthouse", a disturbing film about two lighthousekeepers getting crazy

and, not quite a shanty but a wonderful song:
Privateering by Mark Knopfler

Hallo @fourseas
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @fourseas
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

It's one of those crazy but wonderful internet things like the Jerusalema challenge. Faith in humanity! Right? Anybody else love Stan Rogers?

I used to take my boys canoeing in Algonquin Provincial Park- they loved to sing Stan Rogers as they paddled along. Great singer!

Back