Seabees

I'm a retired Chief Builder from the Bees. I was commissioned by he Military Heritage Museum inPunta Gorda, FL to build a Diorama of the project I built in Vietnam called "Seafloat". Does anyone know of where I could get a plastic model of a sampan to put in my Diorama? Looked everywhere but no luck. Thank you.
Ron Larrivee, BUC, Ret

Welcome aboard! As far as a plastic kit is concerned I haven't seen anything that remotely looks like a sampan. Might be something you might consider scratch building. I don't think that will be too much of a stretch as they are fairly simple craft.

Maybe I can help directly,
Company Verlinden offers several Sampan kits in scale 1:35
maybe you find more.....

I'm a retired Chief Builder from the Bees. I was commissioned by he Military Heritage Museum inPunta Gorda, FL to build a Diorama of the project I built in Vietnam called "Seafloat". Does anyone know of where I could get a plastic model of a sampan to put in my Diorama? Looked everywhere but no luck. Thank you.
Ron Larrivee, BUC, Ret
Hallo Ron, alias @Seabee
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the diorama going?

My Diorama is complete and is now on display in the Military Heritage Museum in Punta Gorda, FL.

My Diorama is complete and is now on display in the Military Heritage Museum in Punta Gorda, FL.
I am pretty sure you have some photos of the diorama - would be great to see your work

Back