Searching

I have a few scratch build hulls in progress (I work on them off and on while doing kit projects) and I would like to know if any forum member know of sources of 1/48 (quarter scale) fittings, carvings and decorations? Especially carving sets. For example, I have a hull started for the Confederacy in 1/48 scale...at some point I will need to address the carvings and decorations. As Dirty Harry would say, "One has to know one's limitations!" In general, any sources out there for supplementing quarter scale builds??

Not as yet, Jim, but we've been having discussions. Mike Shanks has toyed with the idea of providing some parts for modelers using his laser and CNC. I can't speak for Mike, but here is a little of what he turned out for our very :limited edition" 17th Century Battle Station kits. The wreath was cut in 3 dimensions using CNC, so no laser char! Maybe Mike will weigh in!Img_0255.jpg

Last edited:
You may want to contact Janos @janos for carvings,he is a member here.

I have a few scratch build hulls in progress (I work on them off and on while doing kit projects) and I would like to know if any forum member know of sources of 1/48 (quarter scale) fittings, carvings and decorations? Especially carving sets. For example, I have a hull started for the Confederacy in 1/48 scale...at some point I will need to address the carvings and decorations. As Dirty Harry would say, "One has to know one's limitations!" In general, any sources out there for supplementing quarter scale builds??
what fittings exactly are you looking for?

what fittings exactly are you looking for?
Hull carvings and decorations in 1/48 scale...for example the carvings for the Confederacy. Everything else I can work...fittings themselves not the problem...I have not perfected the skill to create hull decorations and scale 1/48 is hard to find. There are some master modelers out there that do superb work on carvings...awesome!

Back