Securing the lanyards

I understand the threading of the lanyard through the holes in the deadeyes but I think I've found conflicting info about how to tie them off. "Rigging of the Ships in the Days of the Spirit Topsail" by Anderson says that the lanyard should come up the back and over the standing part of the shroud and then through between the shroud and deadeye. "Historic Ship Models" by Mondfeld says the lanyard should come up the back and then through between the shroud and deadeye without going over the standing part of the shroud first. A minor difference I know but I'd like to get it right. There is a date/era difference between the two books so could that account for the difference or is one just wrong. I know Mondfeld has a rep for being wrong but I've found him reliable except for a few typos. Does anyone have a drawing by someone else that may show this?

I understand the threading of the lanyard through the holes in the deadeyes but I think I've found conflicting info about how to tie them off. "Rigging of the Ships in the Days of the Spirit Topsail" by Anderson says that the lanyard should come up the back and over the standing part of the shroud and then through between the shroud and deadeye. "Historic Ship Models" by Mondfeld says the lanyard should come up the back and then through between the shroud and deadeye without going over the standing part of the shroud first. A minor difference I know but I'd like to get it right. There is a date/era difference between the two books so could that account for the difference or is one just wrong. I know Mondfeld has a rep for being wrong but I've found him reliable except for a few typos. Does anyone have a drawing by someone else that may show this?
Hi Don, see if ve good for YOUR runner problem.Frank

bigotte.jpg

Back