Seeking 1:96 Scale, 16th Century, Royal Navy Officers and men.

I have been asked to place a Royal Navy crew aboard a 1:96 scale, wooden H.M.S. Victory model, and am having difficulty locating figurines of this scale.

The only suitable size sailor figures I found are French for L Hermione La Fayette. Will be odd to populate with them British ship.

Here should be correct sailor figures but they are oversized:

Last edited:
I can't help specifically, but an 18mm figure equates to a person 5ft 8inches at your scale. I believe this is a common wargaming scale so you may find something in those ranges.
Hope this helps.

Unfortunately nothing can be found. Closest are 22mm Amati figures from Cornwall Boats recommended by Neptune. This transfers into 2 meter giants at 1:90 scale. I hesitate buying them as their depictions in their catalog are so poor I do not know what I am going to get. Also selection is very limited.

.. or you could build another Victory to fit available figures.. (just kidding!)

After months of fruitless searching, I got an Elegoo Mars 3d resin printer to do exactly this! I'm now playing around with software to make figures for my models. This is a pseudo-naval officer made at HeroForge.com, downloaded as a .stl file and printed at 30mm, and then rescaled to roughly 1/96. (I say “pseudo” because this naval-looking officer was made using their fantasy figure creator) Here they are with my 1/96 HMS Triton cross section (In progress). I'll share what I can after a bit more playing around. My goal is to make realistic figurines working a British man-o-war, circa 1770-1820.

Attachments

• 3CE27424-0568-4623-B5B1-C3987C3A189A.jpeg
    3CE27424-0568-4623-B5B1-C3987C3A189A.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 31
Try this place dont know if they be any good for you though...https://www.hobbies.co.uk/site-search?term=sailors

Try this place dont know if they be any good for you though...https://www.hobbies.co.uk/site-search?term=sailors
Hi Papa_Raigin. I just purchased these 5 sailors per your link. Let us see how they look as I get them.
Also I had purchased these French sailors from Artesania Latina La Fayettee.

I was looking very closely at Preiser 74090 figures used by some great modellers.

They are great but lots of work on them is required. I leave this for later.

After months of fruitless searching, I got an Elegoo Mars 3d resin printer to do exactly this! I'm now playing around with software to make figures for my models. This is a pseudo-naval officer made at HeroForge.com, downloaded as a .stl file and printed at 30mm, and then rescaled to roughly 1/96. (I say “pseudo” because this naval-looking officer was made using their fantasy figure creator) Here they are with my 1/96 HMS Triton cross section (In progress). I'll share what I can after a bit more playing around. My goal is to make realistic figurines working a British man-o-war, circa 1770-1820.
I tried 3D printing 28mm figures and they came out almost unusable, I can’t imagine 18mm figures. I think you need cast/injection molded to get any reasonable detail at that size. Just my own experience when trying to get Scottish 17th century figures. I finally found what I was looking for here Drum & Flag They have a great selection. Though I do have to admit your resin printed figure looks pretty good.

I tried 3D printing 28mm figures and they came out almost unusable, I can’t imagine 18mm figures. I think you need cast/injection molded to get any reasonable detail at that size. Just my own experience when trying to get Scottish 17th century figures. I finally found what I was looking for here Drum & Flag They have a great selection. Though I do have to admit your resin printed figure looks pretty good.
I'm eager to see your results. Good luck!

I'm eager to see your results. Good luck!
I will be quite a while before I get to the miniatures. Need to finish the Bluenose, then build my Atlantis Shuttle model before I start on HMS Fly in the New Year. I will do a build log with that kit. I’m looking forward to creating the diorama depicting my ancestors highjacking this ship. Drunken Scotts doing foolish things. o_O:eek:

I have been asked to place a Royal Navy crew aboard a 1:96 scale, wooden H.M.S. Victory model, and am having difficulty locating figurines of this scale.
Dear @Joe Diorama
sorry for the delay
we wish you all the Best for your yesterdays Birthday
Birthday-Cake

Back