September 2016 Visit to Vasa Museum, Stockholm, Sweden (post1+2)

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Hallo Fred,
many thanks for sharing with us these beautifull photos from the Vasa museum. Lucky you.
This is one destination I want to visit in future. And I think also, that the Vasa with all these carvings is one of the models, a big number of modelers want to build.
Such photos like yours are every time a very good reference and also often an encouragment to start such a model.
Many thanks for this.

In addition a link to a german Forum where I am also member with additional photos for reference

http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com/t6626f236-Vasamuseum.html

FredV

Thank you for you reply, I was on a cruise in the Baltic and I had read about the vasa and it's museum, so I look for a tour that went to the museum. Bad mistake, we only had about an hour and half. I could have spent at least a half a day there. The ship area is very dim, I guess to preserve the ship, and the flash didn't work with the distance shots, so picture taken was a challenge. Thank goodness for digital camera, I had to do a lot of enhancement and still the picture are not as good as I would have liked. I also picked up a great book on the Vasa by Fred Hocker.