Sergal Cutty Sark - build question

Hello,

I have just started to build a Sergal Cutty Sark and have a question re the transom setup.
The manual reads assemble the two pieces (stern brackets) to the frame. Im not sure wher20211016_120125.jpg20211016_120056.jpg20211016_112044.jpge the dark coloured piece fits? Any suggestions?

Hello,
I have just started to build a Sergal Cutty Sark and have a question re the transom setup.
The manual reads assemble the two pieces (stern brackets) to the frame. Im not sure where the dark coloured piece fits? Any suggestions?
Hallo Andre alias @Andre Sharplin
first of all I want to send you a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
In principle I would like to suggest to start a building log of your project here in our forum, often the best way to get hint and tipps and help during such a project.
To your actual problem:
I did not build the model and not knowing the manual or plans, but I can give you my suggestions.

20211016_120125.jpg

Looking at the lighter coloured but thicker playwood - here I guess this part is fitting into the two notches of the last bulkhead - see the red arrows
with green arrows marked are the two round openings for the rudder.
So my suggestion further is, that the thinner playwood is located higher at the deck level - it seems, that this is the false deck, which will be later the basis for the deck planking
see on the next photo marked the different levels of the two parts

20211016_120056.jpg

Uwe,

Thanks again for your advice and warm welcome. I will create a build log.
Andre

Attachments

• 4c.jpg
    4c.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 2
Back