Sergal Cutty Sark scale 1:78 Robertd [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hey Rob, Do you have time to sleep? WOW, you are just a building machine! It seems you are in love with the kit and assembly! :) Thumbs-Up Thumbs-Up

Main deck completed and given a flat coat of varnish ,given a dry deck so to speak ! ( honestly I cannot see the point in caulking the decks in this scale) railings done and finished with a satin coat , bowsprit attached as well as capstan and outriggers , next will be the toilets , will have to make them fit partly under the coaming , next item on the dock list planking the aft deck , I don’t follow the kit plans 100% , like anybody else a personal touch here and there

D18AFB3E-6183-4C73-9992-6FA8BB38E2FE.jpegE6C42538-2CF3-432C-9982-7C89B5E2B93E.jpegC8074FE0-5D1C-4111-8969-6CFA93AE0D4C.jpeg

Main deck completed and given a flat coat of varnish ,given a dry deck so to speak ! ( honestly I cannot see the point in caulking the decks in this scale) railings done and finished with a satin coat , bowsprit attached as well as capstan and outriggers , next will be the toilets , will have to make them fit partly under the coaming , next item on the dock list planking the aft deck , I don’t follow the kit plans 100% , like anybody else a personal touch here and there .
with the photographs any misses magnified !! With glasses on you miss that sometimes , at least I know where I stand !! just noticed the LITTLE gap on the SB outrigger, had a look myself and decided to leave not to mess up the deck

24E2D578-FEED-462F-9D1A-647596E1F3DF.jpeg

with the photographs any misses magnified !! With glasses on you miss that sometimes , at least I know where I stand !!
It happens to all of us! Sometimes I see a picture I took to post, and think…wow, I have to fix that now…lol. And sometimes I have already posted it, and then when seeing my post later, I realize that I missed something. ;)

It happens to all of us! Sometimes I see a picture I took to post, and think…wow, I have to fix that now…lol. And sometimes I have already posted it, and then when seeing my post later, I realize that I missed something. ;)
At least we aim for perfection Dean , not always possible , we are human remember !

Looking good Robert! I’m just finishing the first mast on my BN…lol…and you’re starting masts on another ship! :)
Thanks Dean , the masts just for fitting purposes only at this stage , it seems the yard is really working fast , obviously the yard foreman is worth his wage ☺️, at the moment we are in Covid lockdown for weeks so I have plenty of time to work on the CS and loving it.

Your deck fittings look superb Rob - as does indeed the whole ship. Well done, so far! Thumbs-Up

Your deck fittings look superb Rob - as does indeed the whole ship. Well done, so far! Thumbs-Up
Thanks Heinrich , I follow your ‘Batavia’ , so much history and sadness , did you know they found an bone or shoulder anomaly ( Dutch I’d say ) amongst some Aboriginals in Western Australia as a result when a couple of the crew were abandoned on the shore and obviously befriended some local girls , We went to the shipwreck museum in Fremantle , very interesting

Working on the masts and the yards , 19 of them , some of the brass fittings had to be re-drilled , a lot easier before assembly , however I managed , I just see how I go with the rigging , there is a lot of it !! I ordered a custom made display case from Seacraft Gallery in Sydney , waiting time 10 weeks ,
don’t ask me how much it cost , what the heck , it is just a finishing touch and as travel for us is out may as well spoil myself, the Admiral agrees LOL203189B4-DCFF-4ECB-B809-9D18F8130335.jpeg8666BB22-EB1B-4FA3-AF47-3F38B41425A6.jpeg3B496C60-8E13-4844-9197-5C684FB5AC55.jpeg

Back