Sergal Cutty Sark scale 1:78 Robertd [COMPLETED BUILD]

Working on the masts and the yards , 19 of them , some of the brass fittings had to be re-drilled , a lot easier before assembly , however I managed , I just see how I go with the rigging , there is a lot of it !! I ordered a custom made display case from Seacraft Gallery in Sydney , waiting time 10 weeks ,
don’t ask me how much it cost , what the heck , it is just a finishing touch and as travel for us is out may as well spoil myself, the Admiral agrees LOL
Looking very good Robert! And it’s great to have the admiral on board! ;)
I still need a case for my Cazador. They can be expensive!

Looking very good Robert! And it’s great to have the admiral on board! ;)
I still need a case for my Cazador. They can be expensive!
Yes the displays are not cheap , however the craftsmanship is worth it , something to feel proud of within , look your BN is a beauty of art and you don’t want it spoiled by dust etc , grand children touching , something to think of .

Yes the displays are not cheap , however the craftsmanship is worth it , something to feel proud of within , look your BN is a beauty of art and you don’t want it spoiled by dust etc , grand children touching , something to think of .
Just sitting here with a glass of wine enjoying the results of happy building BN !

82FFC5AD-BBB8-498D-A26E-0C6E3E53B5A7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Started on the shrouds and other bits and pieces , the yards , I don’t follow the schedule Per se , have to admit the instructions are okay but open for interpretation ( not always clear) , I always look at other sites and original photo’s .
Looking very good Robert!

You're doing it right Robert. Beautiful view. Comfy chair. Married to a woman who lets you use the dining room table for your hobby. Yup. Doing it right...
As long as I have something to protect the table , she is using it for sewing as well so now and then , no she is not fussy , however for paint jobs I use my spot in the garage

Attachments

• 8826914C-4B8F-41D6-B7C9-9172B28BBFD3.jpeg
    8826914C-4B8F-41D6-B7C9-9172B28BBFD3.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 16
Looking very good Thumbsup
Sometimes it is better, to wait a little bit with the ratlines, and to make the fixed and running rigging near the mast before.
My experience is, that sometimes it is helping to go f.e. with the tweezers through the shrouds to install the rigging near masts (with installed ratlines not possible any more) - the ratlines can be also installed later on. Think about it.....

Looking very good Thumbsup
Sometimes it is better, to wait a little bit with the ratlines, and to make the fixed and running rigging near the mast before.
My experience is, that sometimes it is helping to go f.e. with the tweezers through the shrouds to install the rigging near masts (with installed ratlines not possible any more) - the ratlines can be also installed later on. Think about it..
Thanks Uwek, I will check the mast access , it is quite a large scale model and mast easily accessible from the front or back , but you have a very valid point , I have removed some of the yards for instance , on an other note I see you are from Vienna , I stayed there with my wife 3 years ago , a beautiful city

BB39EEA1-DD52-498A-B2BD-9BC8AE1BF8EC.jpeg

Thanks Uwek, I will check the mast access , it is quite a large scale model and mast easily accessible from the front or back , but you have a very valid point , I have removed some of the yards for instance , on an other note I see you are from Vienna , I stayed there with my wife 3 years ago , a beautiful city
Nice to see you both took the time to select an outfit that matched the drapes (curtains)...

The masts and yards look good for now, but will get real busy soon as the rigging goes on and on and on.....

So will it have sails or just running rigging for the sails?

The masts and yards look good for now, but will get real busy soon as the rigging goes on and on and on.....

So will it have sails or just running rigging for the sails?
Just the rigging , my preference

I have to agree, I think the bigger multi masted ships with lots of yards look better with just heavy rigging going everywhere!

Smaller single or double mast ships with a few sails look good with sails if done properly. Maybe furled as in port, versus full sails as under way.

Kurt

Back