Shake Rattle and Roll

I’m no rookie at this but I have a question for you guys. I acquired a model that is about half finished and built Hahn style. With a great deal of effort I was able to free it from its base. I now have to cut the frames to their proper heights. I tried the Dremel but it was very slow going. I tried my trusty fine toothed saw but I need to get this done this year. The wood seems to be hard as a rock. I can only assume 25 years of sitting has affected it somehow. The last thing I want to do is snap or damage the frames. I’m looking for suggestions. Laser beam?

thanks
John

I would try one of the jewelry slotting cutoff saws (very fine kerf) in the Dremmel tool. On the picture is 2" slotting saw. They also comes 1.5' the more TPI the better. Also before cutting with any tool, I would recommend covering with masking tape to avoid 'chipping'

1588810868594.png

I would try one of the jewelry slotting cutoff saws (very fine kerf) in the Dremmel tool. On the picture is 2" slotting saw. They also come 1.5' the more TPI the better. Also before cutting with any tool, I would recommend covering with masking tape to avoid 'chipping'

View attachment 149535
Thanks guys. I will persevere on this matter.

I agree here with the hint given already by Jim - it is worth a try - but with High speed (turns/min) !!
If not, maybe show us really a photo of the problem

Back