Shi Cheng Model

You really only need the step by step illustrations to build a model, not text. Did it come with diagrams ?
Fairly complete plans set but what is really needed is the parts list with the part name. number and quantity. 85% of the parts are easy to understand but there are many small parts (ladder treads, carriages, which wooden strip goes where, etc)

Hi Joe, I use the Google translate app and camera on my phone to translate parts lists and instructions. Works in any language on an iPhone or Android. Just point the camera at the Chinese text and you get instant English translation! Here's one video on how it works:

I'm building the 1:48 version. Here is the parts list from mine. Is this what you mean?
The instructions are a joke - they are more like a map showing you where you need to go but not how to get there. There are many inaccuracies in the design (like the missing gunports at the bow) and the scale is 1:45.8, but the quality of the laser cut and the materials are top notch. One day I will get around to posting a few pictures...

IMG_3132.JPGIMG_3131.JPG

Hi Joe, I use the Google translate app and camera on my phone to translate parts lists and instructions. Works in any language on an iPhone or Android. Just point the camera at the Chinese text and you get instant English translation! Here's one video on how it works:
Fabulous thanks for that I will certainly be giving that a go.

I'm building the 1:48 version. Here is the parts list from mine. Is this what you mean?
The instructions are a joke - they are more like a map showing you where you need to go but not how to get there. There are many inaccuracies in the design (like the missing gunports at the bow) and the scale is 1:45.8, but the quality of the laser cut and the materials are top notch. One day I will get around to posting a few pictures...
Hallo John,
I just saw your started building log of your Surprise on the german forum - Hope to see it also here?!?

Back