ship model kits made in China

Apologies I left you out Dave,but I was just looking at the European manufacturers,and yes Zolly I genuinely forgot about Maris Stella.

I think you are on the money Dave,this forum genuinely is global in both it's outlook and input.I know you have commented that you could not compete with Chinese manufacturers and I fully understand the argument due to labour costs.
Looking back at the European manufacturers,many have shifted production to China,so in my mind they cannot use the same reasoning.They benefit from the same cheaper labour costs but choose not to use this to further product design.

I am a keen cyclist,I remember when carbon fibre bicycle frames first hit the scene.Nearly all the frames from the top manufacturers were coming through the same factory in China,I believe the factory was owned by Giant.I would find it amusing and believable that some European kits are actually produced in the same factory as some of the Chinese kits.

Kind Regards

Nigel

In this age of hi-tech manufacturing, you can be the ‘first and most innovative’ with a product and have it last for no time at all as it moves so quickly. The older kit manufacturers are asleep while the Asian manufacturers sense opportunity and are investing in it by improving on older methods and technology. We will all benefit from it as a result with better model kits with high quality parts.

Bill

Last edited:
As far as I know the Chinese ki makers are 1 man show,max 2 or 3 ,and most of them manufacturing in limited numbers,remember end of the last year Caf had to stop manufacturing Hms Enterprize to make room for Le Renomme and others??

Even if we purchase an object from Europe or made by a European manufacturer, there is no guarantee that it is not made in China. It is no secret that China has practically swallowed all the world's famous manufacturers. And everything is produced there, and it just depends on whether you are lucky enough to buy something good or something that seems reasonable. The Chinese know how to use technology for production to produce as much as possible, for example, Best American Made Cellphones and how to sell more. I am surprised that two major world powers are silent and accept that China has completely taken over the world market. Or maybe the fight against China has a different form, or is it just speculation?

I actually bought 2 of these kits (Le Requin - lu hai quig kong version). I'm building one for my son and the other for my daughter. I may post a few pics of my current build, but actually do a build log from the beginning with the second build. I will need some help and advice on doing a build log, as I've never done one.

Thanks
Hallo @Peg Leg Doug
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Did you finaly built these two Requins?

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I'm not good at posting pics, but I did indeed finish the Requins. Currently working Mantua 1/78 HMS Victory

Back