Ship Modelers Association - Southern California

I would like to announce that the "Ship Modelers Association" (SMA) is again having their monthly meetings. The SMA meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at the American Red Cross Building, 1207 N. Lemon Street, Fullerton, CA 92835. The meeting starts at 7:00 PM.

If you are a novice ,skilled modeler or a master modeler whether you build Wood, Plastic or Card all are welcome. The agenda is basically a show and tell of your current project. We do not have contests the goal is to learn new technics and Improve our skills. After the Show and Tell there is an opportunity to ask questions and discuss issues you may be having with your model or perhaps help other members.

Modeling is very often secluded hobby.You are isolated from other modelers eather by distance or you just don't know any other modelers close to you. Forums like our Ship of Scale certainly are very helpful in becoming a better modeler, but you don't have the personal contact that you have with a club of other like minded modelers. I have meet several of my best friends at these club meetings.

I live in the east end of the San Gabriel Valley near the junction of the 210 and 57 Freeway. If you need a ride or would like to car pool contact me by starting a conversation..

Jim Nunn

Ship Modelers Association Web Site
https://www.shipmodelersassociation.org/

thank you Jim for the announcement it is good to see another chapter of the NRG here on Ships of Scale.

I also incourage attending club meetings it does as Jim said brings that personal contact with other modelers.

Capturenrg.JPG

Last edited:
i see you are getting a warn welcome from staff members

feel free to tell us all about your organization

i suggest SoS members click on the link and explore the Ship Modelers Association Web Site

this is what we are all about to connect, share and be part of this hobby

I would like to announce that the "Ship Modelers Association" (SMA) is again having their monthly meetings. The SMA meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at the American Red Cross Building, 1207 N. Lemon Street, Fullerton, CA 92835. The meeting starts at 7:00 PM.

If you are a novice ,skilled modeler or a master modeler whether you build Wood, Plastic or Card all are welcome. The agenda is basically a show and tell of your current project. We do not have contests the goal is to learn new technics and Improve our skills. After the Show and Tell there is an opportunity to ask questions and discuss issues you may be having with your model or perhaps help other members.

Modeling is very often secluded hobby.You are isolated from other modelers eather by distance or you just don't know any other modelers close to you. Forums like our Ship of Scale certainly are very helpful in becoming a better modeler, but you don't have the personal contact that you have with a club of other like minded modelers. I have meet several of my best friends at these club meetings.

I live in the east end of the San Gabriel Valley near the junction of the 210 and 57 Freeway. If you need a ride or would like to car pool contact me by starting a conversation..

Jim Nunn

Ship Modelers Association Web Site
https://www.shipmodelersassociation.org/
Hallo @Jim Nunn
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I just want to give the original post a bump. Now that COVID-19 situation is settling down. We find that our club has had a fair number of members missing and we are looking for new members. If you have the time on the third Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM.
and want to show your work or meet other wood benders we would like to see you and your models.

Web site : https://www.shipmodelersassociation.org/

Once again I'm giving this post a bump.

We are having difficulty building back the club due to Covid pandemic. The number of members attending is typically 10 or so. In the past it was not unusual to have 20 to 30 people attending. There is no cost to attend meetings and the membership cost is low if you decide to join. We usually have a "old" kit sail in the beginning of the year. Members bring in unfinished or unstartled kits and they are auctioned off. There is good chance that you can fined a new project at a low cost.

Again the club is open to all types of ship modelers though there is a emphasis on wood ships with sails. however plastic and card models are represented at most meetings.

if transportation is an issue for you. Contact me via the forums messaging system. There is a possibility that we can set up a car pooling arrangement with in the membership.

Hello Jim,
Living in Anaheim, I started a couple of builds with SMA - Life got in the way, but I haven't given up and here on SOS, I hope to finish them. I still have an old '77 Directory and a few newsletters (before computers). Adjust the sails, but advertising helps :) Best of luck, and a big bump from Arkansas.
Terry

Back