Ships plans store

Did I make a mistake?
I went to Navy board models since there is a link here on SOS forum pages.
There I found out that it is possible to buy drawings and plans of different ships.
I have liked The Rattlesnake from the first time I saw pictures of her, and so I wish
to buy the plans they show on this site for $ 50.00 +++++.
Then I proceeded to (contact) and sent a request for total price with all extra costs.
Got a reply that the message was sent, but I got no reply, then I sent the message again, but no answer.
I am sure everything should be correctly filled in with the name, address ,city, country.
Do I need to be a member of Navy board models to send a request?

Can anyone answer me this question / problem?

Hi Knut, I don't think you have to be a member of the Navy board to purchase plans. I believe this is family oriented business and response time may take some time. it said: At present we are not set up for a completely automated experience for ordering yet.

Did I make a mistake?
I went to Navy board models since there is a link here on SOS forum pages.
There I found out that it is possible to buy drawings and plans of different ships.
I have liked The Rattlesnake from the first time I saw pictures of her, and so I wish
to buy the plans they show on this site for $ 50.00 +++++.
Then I proceeded to (contact) and sent a request for total price with all extra costs.
Got a reply that the message was sent, but I got no reply, then I sent the message again, but no answer.
I am sure everything should be correctly filled in with the name, address ,city, country.
Do I need to be a member of Navy board models to send a request?

Can anyone answer me this question / problem?
Hello Knut,just PM @Winston ,he is a member here on Sos

For every bodys information Winston and MSB are now doing the sales for the Hahn Plans just, do as Zoly said contact Winston from this site and tell him the problem, the Hahan family gave Winston permision to act as there agent to sell the plans, may not have all the facts straight but that is the gist of it. Don

A few years ago I purchased the plans for the Bomb Vessel Granado drawn by Jeff Staudt. I was able to buy the 1:24 scale plans before they were discontinued. They were printed on 11 X 17 paper. I'm wondering if an electronic version (.pdf, etc) is available so I can reprint certain pages at my local FedEx Office store using a thumb drive instead of a big stack of papers. Winston? Anyone?

A few years ago I purchased the plans for the Bomb Vessel Granado drawn by Jeff Staudt. I was able to buy the 1:24 scale plans before they were discontinued. They were printed on 11 X 17 paper. I'm wondering if an electronic version (.pdf, etc) is available so I can reprint certain pages at my local FedEx Office store using a thumb drive instead of a big stack of papers. Winston? Anyone?
I have downloaded from the NBM site,it was free for a while but when they started the kit it was discontinued,what sections do you need,if its ok by Winston I can send them to you or he can too

I have exactly what you need in the bomb vessel build log both JPEG files of each page and a full PDF file plus laser cutting files and CAD files.

Winston took the plans off the site because he was going to offer a kit.

so if they are unavailable from the owner of the plans i do not think i can just pass them out.

Thanks for the response, guys. I did already purchase the plans, in 2013 I think, so you wouldn't be giving me anything I don't already have. If I have to pay extra for a .pdf, fine. I don't understand why the plans were not in .pdf format to begin with. The plans are 64 sheets of 11" X 17" paper for 1/24 scale. The postage from Canada must have been a killer!

You are one of the very few that do have the PDF file Dave S. :)

Over the years the plans were made available in a few different scales. I still have copies of the 1/2" and 1/4" scaled versions. Originally they were sold in hard copy only to support the costs of the MSB site. They were then made available at no charge in the 1/4" scale (if I remember correctly) PDF on the NBM site when we first started that. Then when we started to develop a kit, they were removed from the NBM site (for obvious reasons).

If in the future if anyone wants to start a group build here on SOS, I'll be more than happy to provide the participants with a PDF copy for that (in either 1/2" or 1/4" scales for those that prefer smaller models). If you wish to take advantage of the Lumberyards timbering kit that Dave has put together (contact Dave Stephens for info on that) you will note that his scale is 3/8" (not sure how hard it would be for him to make it available in any other scale).

Back