Ship's Wheel

When I build my 19' gaff-rigged sloop about 10 years ago, my original intent was to fit her with a ship's wheel. While building, I changed my mind and converted the steering to a through-the-transom tiller. I had already built the wheel, but it just sat. The Admiral and I are doing some redecorating, so I decided to finish the wheel. It's made of mahogany and has one coat of poly. The beverage can gives a sense of scale. The wheel will be mounted over the front door.

I'm not sure where to post this. Admin. should feel free to move it where ever they think appropriate!IMG_0850.jpgIMG_0851.jpg

When I build my 19' gaff-rigged sloop about 10 years ago, my original intent was to fit her with a ship's wheel. While building, I changed my mind and converted the steering to a through-the-transom tiller. I had already built the wheel, but it just sat. The Admiral and I are doing some redecorating, so I decided to finish the wheel. It's made of mahogany and has one coat of poly. The beverage can gives a sense of scale. The wheel will be mounted over the front door.

I'm not sure where to post this. Admin. should feel free to move it where ever they think appropriate!View attachment 231255View attachment 231256
Love, love, love it!

Back