Shipwright 2013

A few days ago, I saw it mentioned on Model Ship World that the Shipwright 2013 issue is finally out after a 9-month delay :sad: It was also metioned that one of my articles was in it. My copy has still not arrived, but the article concerns the building of the Moss Hutchison cargo liner Memphis of 1947. This, at 20'=1", was much larger than my normal scale of 32'=1", but it turned out quite well. I find this type of ship equally attractive as sailing ships. They are far more difficult to build than sailing ships though! That is because of lots of rails, deck machinery, ladders, multiple decks, doors, windows and portholes.
Bob

Attachments

• Memphis.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 3,603
shipbuilder said:
A few days ago, I saw it mentioned on Model Ship World that the Shipwright 2013 issue is finally out after a 9-month delay :sad: It was also metioned that one of my articles was in it. My copy has still not arrived, but the article concerns the building of the Moss Hutchison cargo liner Memphis of 1947. This, at 20'=1", was much larger than my normal scale of 32'=1", but it turned out quite well. I find this type of ship equally attractive as sailing ships. They are far more difficult to build than sailing ships though! That is because of lots of rails, deck machinery, ladders, multiple decks, doors, windows and portholes.
Bob

Beautiful! :banana-rock:

Back