Shipyard Diorama In The 17th Century

Thank you for your good wishes. I hope to keep you posted. I'm 65.
The thing to remember is this whole Covid malarkey is way beyond what 'medics' have had to deal with before and the bottom line is, they are mostly flying in the dark.
Normal times I would have gone directly to hospital.
Unfortunately I've lost several friends including the couple next door....all of them went into hospital with unrelated issues. None came out alive after contracting Covid!
The last place I want to be is hospital. At my age I'll take my own responsibilitiy and take my chances.
Personally, I was fine before the jab and I wish I'd never had it.
I live alone, have no family and one friend left.
We all make choices; this time (for me) I made the wrong one.
You guys out there are my family now and I enjoy your company.

Kidsgalore....that's very kind of you, I appreciate the offer and the sentiment.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish you get well soon. My prays be with you. I hope we will hear your healing news soon.
I'm almost 51 years old and goverment says that I'm not in the risk group. So I'm waiting my turn for injection.
We have Sinovac and Biontec vaccines in Turkey.
God knows which side effects they have.
I have already received my vaccine. Biontec is the best of all available on the market. A headache for a day was everything for me. Nobody can know what the long-term results will bring. This plague is self-caused and will not be the last.

Came across this today......the Istanbul Maritime Museum is indeed a hidden jewel. A well laid out modern building housing a fabulous collection of State Barges and other oared craft (among other things).......

Hi pugwash.

It’s really hidden treasaure. The only remaining original 16th century galley in the world is at the Istanbul Naval museum. The richest imperial barge collection is also.

Well do you want to visit the museum while sitting your chair?

Then click the link below :

Please note that you can walk around the museum by clicking the floor.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=bDbFHY76nuU&play=1&qs=1&help=2&f=0

Hi pugwash.

It’s really hidden treasaure. The only remaining original 16th century galley in the world is at the Istanbul Naval museum. The richest imperial barge collection is also.

Hello Bilal, thank you very much for this hint. I also hope to find hints for the painting of my next model, a kancabaş as presented by walterone. Maybe you have advice too? During my visits to Istanbul, of course, I saw ships, but I haven't thought of a model yet.

Thank you Bilal.
I did find it myself, but was unable to capture the image; how did you do that?
I need to refine my navigation.

Thank you Bilal.
I did find it myself, but was unable to capture the image; how did you do that?
I need to refine my navigation.
I use iphone. I capture the images by pushing “close”button and the center button at the same time. But it differs at each phone brands. If you use desktop or laptop, there is “Prtscr” button. When you push the button image captured and stored in the clipboarf but you must open an application (paintbrush, word, powerpoint etc) and copy the image in that program by pushing Ctrl+V and save the file.

Last edited:
Hello Bilal, thank you very much for this hint. I also hope to find hints for the painting of my next model, a kancabaş as presented by walterone. Maybe you have advice too? During my visits to Istanbul, of course, I saw ships, but I haven't thought of a model yet.
Hi Mash. I can collect some photos for you. But it takes time.
( I’ll share the photos under this topic.)

Also there is a 3D drawing of Kancabas. But first you must have Rhinoceros installed in your computer. You can download Rhinoceros from https://www.rhino3d.com and install into your computer. (There is 90 days trial period of program without any limitation)

After that you can download the file from here ( You have to sign up for free. After signing up downloading files is also absolutely free)

I hope it helps.
Bilal

Hi Mash. I can collect some photos for you. But it takes time.
( I’ll share the photos under this topic.)

Also there is a 3D drawing of Kancabas. But first you must have Rhinoceros installed in your computer. You can download Rhinoceros from https://www.rhino3d.com and install into your computer. (There is 90 days trial period of program without any limitation)

After that you can download the file from here ( You have to sign up for free. After signing up downloading files is also absolutely free)

I hope it helps.
Bilal
Thank you very much, Bilal, very kind. Unfortunately, the link to matterport doesn't work.

Hi pugwash.

Fabulous what a fantastic display,
Thank you

I always wonder how shipyards look like, how they build the ships, how can they handle heavy objects such as ribs in the past centuries.

5 years ago I went to Paris and visit Naval Museum and got some answers.

I saw a shipyard diorama and as far as I understood the were building a ship with 118 guns.

When you see the human figures, you understand how big the ship is.

I want to share with SOS family and hope you like it.

Have a nice day to all.

Best regards from Turkey.
Hello Bilal

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY Birthday-Cake

I stumbled on this thread and must thank you for sharing. A wonderful diorama and a beautiful collection of models.

Herman

Back