Silent Mary by Mellpapa

Thank you all.
With grandchildren to deal with, I have not been able to make much progress on the Silent Mary.
But my 2 year and 4 month old grandson is adorable!

I'll post a picture of the progress of the Silent Mary.
SilentMary-24-67.jpgSilentMary-26-031.jpg

Last edited:
こんにちは、zoly99sask!
サイレントメアリーの船首部分が内蔵されています。
写真を投稿します。
詳細については、以下にアクセスしてください。
Thank you @mellpapa,can I move these and start for you a separate build log for the Silent Mary?

My drawings are a bit sketchy. There are a lot of places that are wrong.
The parts I don't understand are just my imagination.
If you're using my drawings, you'll have to fix the strange parts yourself.
I wish you the best of luck with your work on the Silent Mary.

View attachment 282937
I am not building the Silent Mary,I meant a separate build log for you that these posts are not mixed together with the Black Pearl!!

Can I just post this in the members section where they just started a build based on my drawings?

Hello everyone!
Mr. zoly99sask has made this page for me. I'm going to use this page to post the story of how I made the Silent Mary in the photo above from the beginning, translating it into English as I go along.
Mr. Bryantes is starting to work on the Silent Mary, so I think this might help him. There may be other people who are working on it as well. I'm not very good at this, but I hope it will help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

silentmwarytaitol.jpg
■The Making of the Silent Mary■
I saw the Pirates of the Caribbean movie "The Last Pirate" on its opening day. I was already curious about the Silent Mary.
So, I searched for materials on the Silent Mary on the Internet and managed to draw a drawing of it with the little materials I had.

I'm going to paste in the images I found on the Internet.
SilentMary01-01.jpg
SilentMary01-02.jpg
SilentMary01-03.jpg
SilentMary01-04.jpg
The stern lantern and the tower on the side are CG composites.

SilentMary01-05.jpg
This is a design drawing of the Silent Mary.
It looks like the La Clone, a French battleship with 72 guns and two levels.

SilentMary01-06.jpg
This is a design drawing of the stern of the ship, and the large lantern looks just like the Sovereign of the Seas.
The whole thing is a Gothic castle, and...

SilentMary01-07.jpg
This is a design drawing of the bow statue.
The top one is the bow of the ship before the ghost ship, and the bottom one is the bow of the ghost ship.
I'm still trying to figure out how to make it.
I'm not sure if I should make it out of balsa and putty it up, or carve it out of balsa and sculpt it.

SilentMary01-08.jpg
This is a drawing of the set for photography. When I compare the design drawing with the actual hull porthole image of the set, the position of the cannon doesn't quite match...
Well, it's a science fiction ship from an entertainment movie, so let's ignore the details.

SilentMary01-09.jpg
This is also a design drawing of the set for filming.
Thank goodness for this image, because it shows the steering wheel part.

SilentMary01-10.jpg
I'm not sure about this tub.
It looks like there are two of them on the Ghost Ship set, behind the bell tower on the bow side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SilentMary01-11.jpg
Starting from scratch, I managed to get all the materials together and made the plans while looking at the materials.
According to the setting, it's a first class battle cruiser with about 100 cannons, which would make it about the same size as the Victory of the British Empire Navy...
However, I couldn't find any setting for the overall length of the Silent Mary on the Internet.
So, if I set the total length of the Victory as the total length of the Silent Mary, and made it 1/72, it would be more than 140cm...(´・ω・`b)
I wanted to keep the model within 90cm somehow, so I took the liberty of setting the overall length of the Silent Mary to 87-90m (the hull length to 65-69m), and made it 1/98, which would make the model about 89cm.
This is a good size for me, so I decided to draw the model in this size.
I set the size of the people to about 1/72 to 1/75.
I might as well make the scale indication non-scale.
Movie sets aren't always made to the same size as the real thing...
This is a good drawing for me to understand as usual. I don't care if other people look at it and say, "I don't get it!
The keel, frame, frame reinforcement plate, etc., are the same as the Flying Dutchman.
It's the frame part, but I don't think I needed this many pieces...
It looks like a pain in the ass to cut out...

SilentMary01-12.jpg
I traced down the drawing using carbon paper on 4mm thick cinnabar plywood, and cut the cinnabar plywood.
The tools I used were a band saw, electric thread saw, jigsaw, design knife, etc... I'm covered in saw dust.
From the top: stern tower frame reinforcement plate, keel, and hull frame auxiliary plate.

SilentMary01-13.jpg
Frames #1 through #14

SilentMary01-14.jpg
Frames No. 15-1 to No. 21

SilentMary01-15.jpg
First of all, I glued a piece of wood on both sides of the mast groove on the keel side, and made a mortise and tenon assembly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SilentMary01-16.jpg
The wood pieces are glued on both sides of the red arrow part of the keel.

SilentMary01-17.jpg
The red arrows are the mortise holes for the mast.

SilentMary01-18.jpg
The frame and frame reinforcement plate are temporarily assembled.
The photo shows the port side.

SilentMary01-19.jpg
View from above

SilentMary01-20.jpg
Photo from the front

SilentMary01-21.jpg
Rear view

SilentMary01-22.jpg
Photo from the front
The bowsprit part is also mortised.

SilentMary01-23.jpg
Photo from the back
I'm still working on the temporary assembly. It's going to take some time. ......(;^ω^)b

Last edited:
Back